Need help with your off-grid homestead?

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by kateTV, Aug 11, 2016.

1. kateTV

kateTV Monkey

My name is Kate and I am currently casting for the upcoming season of Homestead Rescue. We are looking for adult families, couples or friends who generate their own electrical power, food, shelter and water or are working towards that goal. If selected, a homesteading expert will work with them to enhance their experience and help them succeed in living the dream. If you know someone who'd be interested, please reply by email at kate@metalflowersmedia.com!

If you aren't familiar with the show, check it out at Homestead Rescue.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to pass this information along.

Screenshot 2016-08-10 11.30.22.

Meat likes this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have seen a few of these shows, interesting so far. Good luck finding folks to help, though I am not sure if many here on the forum will throw up the flag. Anyways, welcome to the Monkey!!

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Hmmm, My only problem with your proposal, would be: You can NOT Drive from where you are to where I live... No Roads.... Oh well....

Asia-Off-Grid and kateTV like this.
  4. kateTV

kateTV Monkey

Not a problem, we can fly in! : ) Email me if you're interested!

chelloveck likes this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Kate, the bad news is that there have been a couple others tried to recruit people on this site willing to get in front of a camera. So far as I know, there have been no contacts made. Then again, knowing the average member here, OPSEC is a powerful disincentive. Very unlikely that anyone will contact you by email, but you might hope for someone to send you a PM seeking further details.

Ganado likes this.
  6. BTPost

Not unless you can Land on Water, or Charter a Chopper.... You can see our location, if you watch Alaska Bush People Season IV, Episode "Winter Watch".... and we don't have any Room for the Production 'Crew, to stay in the winters.... and it gets "Dang Cold" bout that time of year..... Been there, Done that, Wasn't worth it....

7. Yard Dart

@BTPost is our resident TV star. [LMAO]

8. BTPost

[lolol] is Right.....

9. ghrit

Not quite the only one. Don't forget Vegasrandall and monkeyman.

RightHand, sec_monkey and Yard Dart like this.
  10. MountainMariner

MountainMariner Clearly Ambiguous

Hollywood here I come!

Adult families, couples or friends?!?

So the lone, tall, handsome and single types need not apply?

chelloveck, Motomom34 and kateTV like this.
  11. kateTV

kateTV Monkey

Generally, we feature about 2-4 adults on the show but you can email me anyway if you're interested!

12. ghrit

kateTV likes this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Hi @kateTV welcome to the monkey. I see from your FB page that you have a lot of stuff re: naked & afraid. Did you recruit for them? I gather you are a recruiting firm based in Los Angles.

Ganado and MountainMariner like this.
  14. kateTV

kateTV Monkey

Yes, we cast tons of shows! I'm freelance so this is the only one I'm working on currently. Why, are you interested in being on Naked & Afraid? Maybe I could reach out!

15. MountainMariner

MountainMariner Clearly Ambiguous

Wow this thread is getting good. Lol.

16. Yard Dart

Moto on nak'd and afraid..... might have to watch that show finally, if that is the case. :p

Ganado, Motomom34, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
  17. ghrit

Are you going to be home this coming winter? Kate might like to set up the production shack about then.

(I know, I know, that's cruel.)

Ganado likes this.
  18. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I have Sicilian & Italian blood...so I am naturally shy of cameras...and the trunks of cars...and cement shoes.

Ganado, chelloveck, RightHand and 2 others like this.
  19. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Very interesting. Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

[LMAO] Thanks @kateTV but I am not sure the world is ready for a Naked & Afraid me. Though from the posts above, it could boost the viewership.

1. Alanaana
    Media

Views

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Dome

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. natshare
  4. Prepsteader13
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
    A total game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 5, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 2, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
    Media

New_digs

I think they approved of their new digs.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
    I 3D printed dome connectors
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 4 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    Another quail dome after dark.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 5 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Media

Feeding_time

Quails!
  14. Alanaana
    Media

Flock

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  15. Alanaana
    Everyone loves a room with a good view!
  16. Alanaana
  17. Navyair
  18. martha_mill
  19. DKR
  20. Sojourn
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7