Need more forum categories here?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by melbo, Aug 2, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

let me know.

I think "Firearms" is a little too general for the future expansion of this board

2. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I don't think we should divide it up a huge amount but probably handguns as one or semi-auto's and revolvers. And then one for rifles/shotguns. Possibly divide them up a tiny bit as well? Nothing real fancy like heck don't divide them up so much that every one has their own forum.

Makes it way too confusing and you don't need it. I've been doing the internet gun boards for some years now and the more forums you have at the beginning the harder it is to keep an interest going and to keep the forums moving.

Remember the KISS principle at all times.

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Long Guns and Handguns and then grow from there?

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I agree with Quig. We also need to think about a knife section maybe later on. TLynn would be a good moderator for that.

5. melbo

I like a knife section too. May need to have some categories in Trading Post also.

I just don't want to have 99 Forums showing on the main page. Looks to cluttered.

6. E.L.

I agree, especially while the forum is still in it's infancy. I believe in the K.I.S.S. theory myself. With most of these sections I am trying to remember to keep it all in perspective to the survival mindset.

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I agree, keep the sections on guns to a minimum at least for now. If it is devided up to much it limits discussion on things like, what gun is best for... which do seem to get a lot of folks to post opinions and seem good for the boards.

8. E.L.

Under the hanguns section we could make it like"

1911's

All other semi-auto handguns, like Glock

9. melbo

[haay]

10. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well since we have the ridles broken down into different modles, we could use a general rifle page for the ones that dont fit in any of those catagories, Ruger 10/22s, lever guns in general, hunting rifles and so on that dont realy fit any place in the rifle section.

11. E.L.

We forgot chainsaws. My Stihl is a great CQB weapon.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7