Need Opinion on Firearm.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Salted Weapon, Jul 4, 2016.

1. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I have the Aimpoint CompM2 w/2moa dot on one of my M4s and have the opscore helmet to mount the nvs-14 so I Have full range of motion with my head but can still use the Aimpoint.

Draw back is you have to have a "picatiny rail" for the standard mount. They may have other mounts available.

Your NVS-14 will set you back $2800 min and Aimpoints any where from $200-$900 depending onnthe model.

2. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I have this NVS-14 unit
    AN/PVS-14A Auto-Gated

Here is what iit looks like on the helmet

image.

And what it would look like using the weapon with a helmet mounted monocular
    image.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I use the luepold CQT.

Salted Weapon likes this.
  4. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

5. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

@AD1 the link goes to a whole page of NV devices. Spendy too. Is that what you intended?

AD1 likes this.
  6. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Yep. Most are thermal site.

GOG and Salted Weapon like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The problem with FLIR is it cant see through windows.
    I used some gen 3 ITT tubes in Afghanistan in 2010 if I remember correctly the price on them was some where around $6,000 to $7,000 each. The flightline on a moonless night was lit up like the middle of the day as far as I could see.

Gator 45/70, GOG and AD1 like this.
  8. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

The NVS-14 are Gen3 and are a great piece of kit that if you can afford one they are a great pices of kit.

I have a one that I take on all my business trips as part of my GHB. If something happens, night travel is probably the safest time to travel.

I got mine from US Nightvision for $2800 4 years ago. I know the guys there so I got dealer pricing.

Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7