Neighborhood Watchman kills unarmed teen and goes free!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

1011353_638489082828786_1960527281_n.

Remember all the protests over that? The president weighing in on it? Here is a link to an article about it.

Roderick Scott Trial: What’s Wrong with New York? | The Martialist

It sums it up in a way that could have been just as apt for the Zimmerman case.

In a state with the strictest gun control in the union, to own a legal handgun is no small thing. Roderick Scott is a decent person who did everything legally and correctly… yet in the minds of many, he is the villain simply because he dared not to do nothing. Had this shooting occurred in another state with less liberal hand-wringing underlying its legal code, it’s possible Roderick Scott would never have stood trial.(except Florida!) It is, quite frankly, a miracle that the jury — deadlocked just a few hours before it came to the “not guilty” verdict — eventually granted Scott his life back.

Fortunately, Roderick Scott is not bitter. “I feel that justice was served today,” he said after his legal ordeal.

His lawyer was diplomatic but more pointed: “I just want to say that I hope this case sends a message to families out there to watch their kids, to know where they are and what they are doing.”

That lawyer’s message is clear: If your kids live like garbage, trade in garbage, and contribute nothing to their community but garbage, they very well may die like garbage. If that happens they have no one to blame but themselves… though their parents ought to think good and hard about whether they share responsibility.

Brokor, Gator 45/70, tulianr and 2 others like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Thanks for posting the article. The difference one man (The current POTUS) makes in how things are seen.....is amazing. Scott wasn't even a member of the local Neighborhood watch.

Self defense is, well, self defense.

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:cool:

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I remember that.

I absolutely rioted, too. It was riotous, even. I would say, damn near katrina level in intensity...

I pumped my fist in the air, tears filling my eyes, and exclaimed with rage, "NOoOoooOOoooo!"
    After I could speak again, I asked the question, "Why did yet another one of my cracker brothers have to die so senselessly?" I knew there was no such thing as a white gang member, and ALL crime on earth is committed by black men and space aliens. This poor cracker child should never have been so senselessly killed. He should have handed the boy a Pez dispenser, and all would have ended well.

5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

The right to self defense is color blind.

This reminds me of the story of the lunatic killer in Aurora Colorado last year. You remember, the one who burst into the church and opened fire, he killed 2 people before a parishioner pulled his legally carried pistol and shot him dead.

Don't remember that one? Happened just a month before the "other" lunatic that got all the press.

If anyone thinks the so called "free" press in this country doesn't have an agenda then I have some real cheap beach front property in Arizona that I would like to talk to you about.

kellory, Brokor and tulianr like this.
  6. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

The media makes me sick. I would be happy if they were held accountable for misleading news like with Zimmerman. I hope he sues the pants of the news stations that lied and took what happened our of proportion.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7