Neighbors

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Detentus, Jun 6, 2010.

1. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

every person on either side of the circumstances is different.
    Do unto others, but maybe ask them what they have to trade for some food.
    I personally, given a hand in that situation would look for an opportunity to pay it back in kind
    You may cause some jealousy, or you may win a loyal friend....

I think in a real big shtf, peoples levels of expectations are drastically going to change very quickly.
    Those who are not prepared in any way will be vary scared, very quickly.

2. cws

cws Monkey++

This country is sufferring from an "entitlement" epidemic. One of my biggest concerns is the upcoming social upheaval caused by the inevitable cutbacks in social welfare. This may begin in Ca. soon if the Feds don't bail out the state. We can support our extended famiy for around six months, and are working towards a year, but could loose it all in an hour if things go bad and the local or federal gvt. decide to confiscate our stores for the good of the collective. (I know OPSEC, and only very close family know that we have stores, but you get the picture). I dread having to make a decision involving feeding a neighbors child, and reducing the stores for my grandchildren. Hope it never comes to that.

3. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Sorry but I would not take food out of my families mouth to put into someone elses. I look at it as a lifeboat put one too many people on a lifeboat and it sinks then everyone drowns.

BWM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7