Never Forget ~ 9-11-2001

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Motomom34, Sep 9, 2021.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Not to undercut the above sentiment, in the slightest… However the Biggest Boatlift in World History, was as at Dunkirk, France in 1940, the English used every available vessel to rescue more than 330,000 British Troops trapped on the beach, by the Nazi hords…and return them to England….

2. plumberroy

plumberroy Monkey+

at Dunkirk the moved 330,000 troops in 9 days . On 9/11/2001 ferries fishing boats tug boats yachts party boats and private boats moved almost 500000 people off Manhattan island in 9 hours the ferry boat and fishing boat crews were all ready actively working on getting people out before the coast guard even got involved . Once the Coast Guard sent out a call boats came in droves

DuxDawg, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Ok… If true I stand corrected…

DuxDawg, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  4. plumberroy

plumberroy Monkey+

Both are amazing in the fact ordinary people banded together and did extraordinary things to save other people

5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I was at work. When I heard the first plane had hit I thought Cessna, not terrorists. When the second plane hit a TV appeared from somewhere. All afternoon we were shocked by what we saw. We wanted to know who did it and hit them back HARD so our kids wouldn't have to live in fear of terrorist attacks.

Twenty years. The memory will never dim in my mind.

SB21 and CraftyMofo like this.
  6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

7. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Another take on this: A friend in the neighborhood was a NYFD that responded from the Bronx after the collapse told me he wants to forget what he saw for several weeks. Another friend of a friend lost her husband who was a television engineer working in the North tower said yesterday she also wants to forget. She appreciates everyone's sentiment but said every year the pain comes back when the airwaves are filled with 9/11 footage. It never occurred to me that there was a dark side to "never forgetting".

SB21 likes this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

“Don’t sniff him” the guy says. Omg. Lol.

DuxDawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. plumberroy

plumberroy Monkey+

I can understand people who lost loved ones and friends wanting to forget. I can see first responders who saw stuff that can never be "unseen" wanting to forget. . We need to pray for these people even now twenty years on. But to forget would also mean forgetting how evil some can really be . And even more important how many people have the ability to put their differences aside and step up and help their fellow men and women.

enloopious likes this.
  10. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

DuxDawg, Gator 45/70 and enloopious like this.
  11. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

9/10 was fifth gen warfare. 9/11 was 3rd gen.I guess the good thing about 5th gen warfare is that it doesn't leave much of an impression even though it is the main cause for all the death. The actual event is all that people remember.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7