Never too old to start

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by R3llik, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. R3llik

R3llik Monkey

First off, thanks to the creators of SM and the members who are making it even a greater place.
    As the title says "Never too old to start". I turned 47 this year and seeing the way things are going in the USA, I have come to the conclusion it is time for me to get ready to go "underground". I call it underground because I just want to go and be secluded and live a sustainable lifestyle. I would love to pack a bag and just GTFO today, but that is not a reality. The fact of the matter is I have plenty to learn, plan and save for before I can even think about packing. I am hoping through this site and other resources to gain the education needed for this.
    Anyways just wanted to give y'all a quick hello and what my intentions are for being here. Who knows, hopefully I will learn from you and pass on the info to some who may need it in the future. Thanks again.

chelloveck, Aeason, Brokor and 12 others like this.
  2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome R3llik. We will all look forward to hearing your input and your progress. And, just to let you know, at 47, you're just a pup [LMAO]

3. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Greetings. What do you want to know?

4. HOOLIGANS

HOOLIGANS Monkey

Hello and welcome. I'm new here myself. This is definitely a good stop on your way "undeground". These guys are hardcore!!

Mindgrinder and GOG like this.
  5. MountainMariner

MountainMariner Clearly Ambiguous

Welcome to the forum!

Mindgrinder likes this.
  6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Massive amounts of info at this site. If you can't find something you want to know about, and have tried our somewhat temperamental on site search engine, ask in the shout box. Some one will almost always step up and point you in the right direction or name someone to send a PM (private message) to to get an answer.
    Welcome to the site.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Welcome to the monkey... take some knowledge... leave some knowledge

Mindgrinder and GOG like this.
  8. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome here from the great State of Jefferson.

You prep just like you eat an elephant; one bite at a time.

Some of us have been at this a long time and some, not so much, but I have found this to be the most friendly and helpful survival/prep forum I've ever experienced.

Motomom34, Mindgrinder and Yard Dart like this.
  9. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Welcome sir. We can take up a collection for a razor if you wish [sarc1][lolol]

Just kidding. 62 here. Never to late to start.

10. R3llik

R3llik Monkey

Thanks for all the welcomes.
    What do I want to know? Where to start? LOL JK
    Its gonna be like GOG said "one bite at a time" I have a lot of time to get the education I will need before I can venture out, land aint free so I have to start fundraising for that. One biggest things I am going to have look into is acquiring land. I would like to get into some place in Montana, Wyoming or Idaho. Those have always been the places I have been drawn to. What would be the best recommendation for researching how to acquire land at the lowest cost? I know I know Ya get what you pay for.... But I am sure some tips are floating around out there for me.

chelloveck likes this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Almost any real estate site will present you with a lot of information to start with. Once you narrow it down, it's time for a road trip. (That's how I got where I am --)

chelloveck and R3llik like this.
  12. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Happy to have you.
    I'd say that most of us started prepping at a much later age than 47. If it's not too late for us, it's certainly not too late for you. 62 here also, same as AD1. The difference is that he's old [stirpot]. [lolol] Sorry, just couldn't help the friendly jab.

As has been said before, good info here and even better people.

R3llik likes this.
  13. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey....don't mind the elders of the joint.....only 48 or so here. ;)
    There are a wealth of resources and smart folks here willing to share....enjoy!!

Ganado and R3llik like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome and you've come to the right place!

R3llik likes this.
  15. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

47 !! , To be 47 again , that's when everything still worked !!!!
    Welcome & the razor line ! get real , Moustache is great , Im always working on mine (y)
    After_trim1.
    I need to trim / crop my mug !

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  16. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

IDAHO! Especially, Northern Idaho...green trees, lots of water, clear air, low crime, Constitutional Carry, common sense people... I have only seen a kid with his jeans around his knees once since I got here 1.5 years ago and he was obviously embarrassed, as everyone was staring at him. Of course, you can get shot here pretty easy as everyone has guns, more than one, so in general it pays to be polite. :):)

Dont and R3llik like this.
  17. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

WELCOME! you are in good company

most of the boys here talk like they are this
    [​IMG]

but the truth is probably closer to this

[​IMG]

chelloveck, Dont, Brokor and 4 others like this.
  18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I had a friend that lived in Idaho and he said not to go above Moscow because it gets real "conservative" up there.

@R3llik glad you found us and joined SM. Regarding your land, what do you plan to do? Garden, raise livestock, hole up and defend your home?

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  19. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

[nutkick]

Ganado likes this.
  20. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

66 here, didn't start until Obama's second election when it was clear the scale had tipped and the inmates had taken over for good. Now look at our choices. Anyway, welcome.

R3llik, Altoidfishfins and Ganado like this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly