1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

New 5" Fighter

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I've been wanting to make a Fighter smaller than the one I've been selling, so tonight I came up with this. 5" blade and 5" handle - almost 2 inches shorter than the "big" one. This is from leftover ATS-34 and going for heat treat with 22 brothers!

The top knife is 12" long:

Oops what's that Fighter on the bottom? It's my secret Nightmare grind! Don't look!

Ah well, as long as Mick (Strider) doesn't kick my butt for using it I'm OK. Discuss among yourselves. [​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  2. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

3. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Hey Valk, How hard would it be to make that into a folder? maybe a 4.25" Folder? That would be a sweet daily carry.
  4. Valkman

I haven't tried folders yet - don't know how to make them. Good idea though, and if I ever get up to see Todd Begg I'll have him show me how. Bowie Ass Folder! Woohoo!
  5. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

just for curiocity's sake what will the 5" fighters go for?
  6. Valkman

About the same as the 6" - some just don't like the bigger knife. I get the same number of knives from a bar of steel though and the work is about the same so $225-$250.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary