1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

new addition to my kit...

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Witch Doctor 01, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I came acros a Item thats new to me but may not be new to you... Gu!
    Gu is a
    It beats the energy drinks and 5 hour drinks in that you don't "bonk out" after 6 hours... it's a good ad to a first aid kit or your BOB when you need a quick pick up while hiking/evading. Taste is not bad some flavors are a little off i have tried the Orange and lemon lime which are not too far off...

I'd add 2-3 to a BOB or medic kit for when you need that extra energy....

GU Energy - Endurance nutrition for triathlon, biking, running, cycling | GU Energy Labs
    JABECmfg likes this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I used to make a far superior type of energy gel back in the day for myself.
    All you need to do is buy some Coughlan's squeeze tubes. Mix your own gel, I used organic blackstrap molasses and brown rice syrup as well as honey a lot.
  3. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless Site Supporter

Just a thought, if you're going to keep these in your BOB, you might want to keep them sealed in a ziploc bag or something, especially if your BOB gets tossed around a lot. I'd hate to open my bag and find the contents covered in Gu because one of the pouches busted open...
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary