new addition to my kit...

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Witch Doctor 01, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I came acros a Item thats new to me but may not be new to you... Gu!
    Gu is a
    It beats the energy drinks and 5 hour drinks in that you don't "bonk out" after 6 hours... it's a good ad to a first aid kit or your Bob when you need a quick pick up while hiking/evading. Taste is not bad some flavors are a little off i have tried the Orange and lemon lime which are not too far off...

I'd add 2-3 to a BOB or medic kit for when you need that extra energy....

GU Energy - Endurance nutrition for triathlon, biking, running, cycling | GU Energy Labs

JABECmfg likes this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I used to make a far superior type of energy gel back in the day for myself.
    All you need to do is buy some Coughlan's squeeze tubes. Mix your own gel, I used organic blackstrap molasses and brown rice syrup as well as honey a lot.

3. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless

Just a thought, if you're going to keep these in your BOB, you might want to keep them sealed in a ziploc bag or something, especially if your BOB gets tossed around a lot. I'd hate to open my bag and find the contents covered in Gu because one of the pouches busted open...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7