New American Way of Life

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Ganado, Oct 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:eek:

Thunder5Ranch and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

YUP!!!

Thunder5Ranch and sec_monkey like this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Hey a guide to gaming the system :) Sad but this is way too true.

Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I just doesn't pay to be honest.... Sad.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

And this may sound a bit racist , but , the truth is the truth .
    I recieve a little money every month fr VA benefits .
    One day , I was in Lowes , picking up a few tools , when a black guy asked me a question about something . I was wearing my Marine Corps cap , so he says , " Your a veteran ". I said yea . He says he was in the Army . Asked if I was signed up with the VA . I said yea . He asked were I served at , I told him .Then he proceeds to tell me everything he's getting from the VA , what percentage of benefits he's receiving , he never served overseas , which is not dishonorable at all , thats not the point I'm getting at here .

Sorry , I hit the wrong button and posted before I was thru writing .
    He tells me he's getting ready to have some surgery n a knee , which was not service related , but he's going to be put on 100% disability benefits for about a year for recovery . Then he said something about it was not going to heal 100% , so that he was going to probably start receiving 100% benefits for the rest of his life , because he wouldn't be able to continue his job because his knee wouldn't heal 100% , and he said he told them he couldn't sit at a desk job . So after I tell him where I served at overseas , he say's , " Man , they got all kinds of stuff for you guy's . So , how does he know what I would qualify for ? Now here's my opinion about how all this happens . When you go into any government office , court house , DMV , VA , food stamp office , welfare office , whatever , it seems the majority of the workers are black . So , the blacks that work in these offices know all the in's and out's of the claims processes , what needs to be said to get whatever freebie they're after . So the blacks are basically schooling the other blacks how to milk the system . Whether they deserve it or not .
    When I started up in the VA system , I was only looking for the healthcare , and then only because I was not going to pay for Odumbocare . I'm pretty healthy , so I was just not going to pay the fine , regardless . I thought it was an unconstitutional law . But I had older vets telling me to go to the VA 15 years ago , but I wasn't looking for , or expecting any kind of compensation . I didn't file any claims , I just did what we did in the service , I stood in line , answered the question's I was asked , and I went to the next room I was told to go to . Next thing I know , I'm getting a little check every month . But I don't feel I should be getting that , but other's say different . Bottom line , this is another way the system is being played . So , this is not meant to be racist, just an observation .

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2016
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I hear ya Sb21. Right after I retired, I met this young kid, fresh out of the Corps, did his four and got out on a medical ( still haven't figured that part out) and he literally went to 50+ doctors before he finally found one to declare him disabled!!! That S.O.B. is pulling down 75% disability for what I later found out was horse play during his 1 "Over Seas" deployed in Ground maintenance and supply! Yup, Milking the system! I never asked for any beni's and even though I qualify, I don't want or need them! All I wanted was to get "IN" the system so that IF something were to happen to me, I would have something!

8. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

There are multiple churches in my town that offer 'clinics' to their congregations on how to apply for aid. It is a step by step walk through of the form, telling them EXACTLY what to put where to get the absolute maximum possible benefit for the least (and in some cases no) effort.

There was an expose on it and when the city, county and state investigated after the news actually did their job for once, they determined that while it was despicable, low, frustrating and morally questionable...it wasn't illegal.

And here I am busting my butt to pay my own way, putting $20k away EVERY YEAR after taxes to help pay for the kid's school, paying all my OWN bills and working to keep an excellent credit score.

I must look like the world's biggest chump to these people.

9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is not a joke @Ganado that is how it is done. I know of people who do this. I makes me very angry. I always want to report them but officials always want my name, address etc. I always worry about coming home to smashed windows if I report fraud.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Well I put it in jokes because my posts like this get moved if I put in general discussion. I posted it because it is very true.

Cruisin Sloth and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

not my way of life

Cruisin Sloth, Dunerunner and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

It is very true and it makes me angry. I feel like I should print it out and bring it to the local social service offices so they can see how the people are scamming the system. There has to be a way to close the holes that allow people to fraud the system.

marlas1too, Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
  13. DarkLight

TPTB have to want it to change, and they don't. Reliant servants are what they want, with us all dependent on them

14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

When robotics take over all manufacturing. .. then how do people make a living? something fundamental would have to shift in the way we work and earn money. I don't know what and I dont have an answe, but I do have lots of questions about how our world will shift once AI takes over. Welcome to the matix!

Cruisin Sloth, nathan and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

[​IMG]

Ganado, Ura-Ki and Motomom34 like this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Slightly off topic but I have noticed that grocery carts are getting smaller and self checkouts are now more and more the option. People cannot fit a weeks worth of groceries in those little carts. They seem to be moving us to a different way of food purchasing.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  17. DarkLight

Go twice in one day, back to back. Do NOT quit stocking up and don't dive into your preps yet.

mysterymet, Ganado and Ura-Ki like this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. TnAndy
  3. oil pan 4
  4. duane
  5. Motomom34
  6. duane
  7. DKR
  8. Motomom34
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Tully Mars
  11. DKR
  12. chelloveck