New AR15 Mag Speed Loader

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RightHand, Jun 25, 2011.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We have been contacted by a representative if Three Point Innovations, LLC, a start-up company with a new AR15 speed loader product called the Box-to-Mag loader

While we know nothing about the company or the Box-to-Mag loader, you can check out the company and their new product at www.3pointi.com.

2. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Interesting. The only improvement I'd offer to that is to put a shelf plate on it so I can slam this thing down over the edge of a desk or some other hard object, kind of like you do with stripper clips and setting the rounds on the edge of the table to ram them in.

3. 3pointi.com

3pointi.com Monkey+

Could I ask what the shelf plate would be used for? The loader is unfortunately not compatible with stripper clips.

4. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Just more leverage so I can press all 30 rounds in on the edge or pull down on the extended lips. I'm thinking of people like my wife or my younger boy who don't quite have the physical strength to press all that ammo down the magazine. So basically, just making the top of the "ram" with more of a flat or wider head would more than suffice.

Maybe it's not necessary..I don't know.. It's hard to tell how wide the ram is and whether it will be stable enough to push against a flat surface without rolling due to angled pressure and thus having the ammo spill out or not align properly and get damaged upon insertion.

My 8 year old couldn't put 20 rounds down on stripper clips so I showed him how to do it by lining up the mag on the leading edge of a table and push them in. It was still tough, but he could at least get them down.

5. 3pointi.com

3pointi.com Monkey+

Well, generally I'm gonna recommend only pressing 10 rounds in at a time with the loader. The top of the ram is fairly flat and wide, and since it is pressing rounds in at a straight angle it isn't likely that rounds will become misaligned.

I know stripper clips are angled and that makes them a bit hard to press in, but even a child shouldn't have too many issues with loading a magazine to full capacity with our loader.

6. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

That's good to know.. I have several speed loaders that I've tried and would definitely give yours a whirl. I just collect items like this to see what works best overall.

If it helps you any, for whatever comparative purposes it may or may not serve, these are the two that I ended up with:

for my AR-15: Butler Creek Products
    for my M1A: Butler Creek Products

7. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

This looks like a cool Product. Any chance you will be making one for Ak-47 ak-74?

jason

8. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 Monkey++

I have one of these. Cammenga Easyloader Rifle Magazine Loader-AK-47

It pretty good, but you may have to relieve the inside a little if you are using the circle 10 waffle mags.

They had one that worked with M16 stripper clips. IIRC you just drop the loaded stripper in close push. I have no idea if they still do.

9. 3pointi.com

3pointi.com Monkey+

At the moment, 7.62 AK and 6.8 SPC are candidates for our next model. It depends on what people favor more. At the moment, AK47 is a bit ahead of 6.8 SPC.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7