New Archaeological Find..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CRC, Oct 18, 2007.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

proves Parrotheads have been around for 164,000 years...I just knew it! [CRC]

WASHINGTON (AP) - In one of the earliest hints of "modern" living, humans 164,000 years ago put on primitive makeup and hit the seashore for steaming mussels, new archaeological finds show.
    Call it a beach party for early man. But it's a beach party thrown by people who weren't supposed to be advanced enough for this type of behavior. What was found in a cave in South Africa may change how scientists believe Homo sapiens marched into modernity.

This means humans were eating seafood about 40,000 years earlier than previously thought. And this is the earliest record of humans eating something other than what they caught or gathered on the land, Marean said.

Interesting story...

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=220&sid=1270889

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Now if they would just find a 164,000 year old margarita ;)

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[fnny]

4. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Man I was hoping that the politicians had finnally found their brains. [LMAO] Now that would be an archaeological find. [rockon] Oh well better luck next time.

OGM

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Just proves what we already knew - man will eat anything that doesn't eat him first . . . [LMAO]

6. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

They were using coconuts and making pina colada's back then...

The margarita came in to it's own in the tropics where the limes grew...

:D

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

mmmMMMMmmmm
    I haven't had a Colada in a while. Maybe today should be tropical Friday?!

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7