New book - Daddy's Girl

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by DKR, Jun 21, 2020.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]

Looking in the common Scriptures, one can find the phrase "they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks". This overlooks the obvious problem of dealing with the folks that decided to keep their swords and spears.

It also shows that in the low-tech days of old, the tools used to make swords, or plowshares, were themselves also low tech. Hammers, fire and the odd anvil seemed to be pretty much the toolkit needed.

Now that modern times are here, the days of hammers and anvils are long over. This story looks at what might happen should aliens show up on our doorstops, so as to speak.

Not exactly 'bug-eyed monsters', these aliens appear to be helpful. Ending pollution, providing medical care and in general, improving the neighborhood. What happens if those aliens decide they like the neighborhood so much, they want it all for themselves?

I'll confess to being a fan of the Japanese Monster Movie meme, with Godzilla being the granddaddy of them all. In the movies, powerful (and fanciful) weapons are cobbled together and manage, barely, to save the day – and what's left of a smashed Tokyo.

That got me to thinking one day…what if? What real deal tools could we (humans) use to cobble together weapons in a battle with Aliens from Outer Space?

With a bit of research, it turns out that we could beat our swords and spears into…different swords and spears, useful in a radically different environment – Space.

I had a lot of fun writing this novella and I hope you get a kick out of the colorful characters bending real science into new age swords and spears….

DKR/dkr

Soon to appear here
    D.K. Richardson

Just a heads up. This should show up in the next couple of days on my Amazon page. Now that I've fully recovered (or as much as I ever will) from being squished on my bicycle, I gone back into book writing.

I have 7 chapters of the next book on deck now done & write more each day.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Zimmy, Motomom34, techsar and 4 others like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Keep writing.

Meat and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. DKR

Now live at Amazon.

Meat likes this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Dang. I didn’t know you were a writer. My apologies for not paying attention. Good job!

5. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

techsar likes this.
  6. DKR

That is what a Raconteur does....tells stories.

Zimmy, Ganado and Meat like this.
  7. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I bought my copy!

DKR likes this.
  8. DKR

Thanks!!
    Every little bit helps.

Zimmy likes this.
  9. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!