New Builds test fired

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Any interest in a PPSH-41? A friend of mine just gave me a parts kit that he inherited. I was looking for a reciever and came across Allied Armament on GunBrokor. They are selling out thier entire inventory of kits with 80% completed recievers for $100 - $150. They have a couple of dozen auctions going for them. An easy build on a nice little rifle for a terrific price.

http://www.gunbroker.net/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=104726076

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I never really thought about building one of those but there is always a first time. I might look into it now that I am unemployed. I plan on making some more builds, doing a bit of hunting, and putting another band together.

3. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

4. Seacowboys

easy answer is a phone call.

5. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

I did that, I just saw you on last night.

They said they have been out for awhile.

6. Seacowboys

I just checked three of my other sources and two of them have been out of stock for a while and the third one (the last kits I bought from them were new, unfired) have really gone up in price. If you can find them anywhere, better buy them. This is the guy I got the new kits from, five new kits for $940.00 shipped; kyimports@earthlink.net
    http://www.cogunsales.com also has kits left.

7. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Priciate it. Lowest I've seen is $225 (I could look up where if anyone's interested)

I've got 20 someodd parts kits left, just would pick up a few more if they were cheap enough.

8. Seacowboys

I got the bending dies, rivet tool, spot-welder, and shop press if you need them.

9. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Priciate it. So does a buddy of mine.

I've built about a dozen of them, only one off a reciever.

10. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have been known to do trigger guard rivets using a slightly open vice, hammer and punch.

11. Seacowboys

That works pretty good, especially if you drill some dimples for the rivet heads to rest in the jaws.[boozingbuddies]

12. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

That is a good idea,
    I have the screws for the screw build, any opinions on a screw build vs a rivet?
    Sea and Magus, you should both make a thread with tips and tricks to making these things, I know I could use it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7