New but actually old consumer price index

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by oil pan 4, Dec 14, 2023.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The home alone grocery shopping list
    Kevin’s cart contained:
    • Milk (half-gallon)

• Wrappit! plastic wrap

• Stouffer’s frozen turkey dinner

• Snuggle dryer sheets

• Wonder bread

• Quilted Northern toilet paper (four-pack)

• Kraft macaroni and cheese

• Plastic army figurines

• Tide liquid laundry detergent

• Tropicana orange juice (half-gallon)
    Came to $20.83 with out the $1 off coupon.

Today
    Walmart:
    Cheapest half-gallon of milk: $1.63
    Cheapest plastic wrap: $1.97
    Marie Callender’s roasted turkey breast and stuffing: $3.48
    Cheapest dryer sheets: $1.97
    +$2 for snuggle
    Loaf of bread: $2.92
    Make it Wonder bread for about +$1
    Cheapest four-pack of toilet paper: $0.94
    Make it Charmin for a least +$3
    Original Kraft macaroni box: $1.12
    Cheapest pack of army figurines: $5.44
    Tide liquid laundry detergent: $12.97
    Tropicana orange juice (half-gallon): $3.94

$36.38 for the cheap toilet paper, bread drier sheets.
    $43 for Charmin TP, wonder bread, snuggle drier sheets.
    Add $61,972 for getting stabbed and robbed on the walk home assuming you survive.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
    Gator 45/70, Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

HAHAHA, those are Free Red State prices,, not reality for the rest of us!
    Oregon has some of the highest prices in the nation ( Thanks to the state not getting it's "Sales Tax" passed for the last 40+years that the voters told them FUCK NO every two years) So, they tax the livin shit out of everything anyway, and no more bags, ether plastic cause save the whales or paper, cause save the trees, never mind rolls of asswipe, but they will "Sell" you a plastic or paper bag for $.10 cents, go figure! They also pitch a fit if you bring your own shopping bags with another stores brand, I have lost count of the times I have ripped a store manager an new ass telling they lost the right to bitch when they caved to the state and stopped including bags with the purchase at no charge, but will charge me if I need a bag(s) because I Fuckin Forgot to stock my many trucks/cars with enough bags to see me through when ever the Wife calls/texts me to stop and pick up stuff!

Gallon of Generic whole milk is up over $3.50 a gallon depending on where you shop
    Carton of cigarettes is $120+ depending on brand, or $11.79 per pack of cheap generic brands
    Gallon of Gas as of today at Costco, $3.25 a gallon of the cheap stuff, including $.58 Cents State TAX for roads ( which was miss-spent, so the state is broke for winter service needs)
    6 pack of generic store brand T.P. is nearly $3.80
    Loaf of Cheap Generic White Bread, $2.08 depending on where you shop
    Baggy of Green Army Men, Cause I think it's hilarious, I actually looked, $6.78 for what I estimate is a 100 pack
    Or the Dollar store brand, for a buck and a quarter for a 20 count, including several wounded Chinese mis-molded Men
    Generic T.V. Dinner, between $1.80 and $5.20, or, the old school Totineos Frozen Pizza for $1.65, used to be $.88 cents at Walliwirld three years ago!
    Heat Lamp Burrito at the local sleazymart, used to be $1.00 each with one sauce cup, today it's $1.45, and you gotta pay extra for the sauce and the baggy, total is $2.05 today. and the XXL Beverage used to be $1.65 your cup/mug/drink container, today it's $3.50 with a capacity limit of 44 Oz!
    Box of Winchester 150 gr. .30/06, used to be around $20.00 a box, today its $26.98 PLUS Wildlife tax, Plus Unidentified 3.5%Tax ( Whatever that is,) totaling $29.98!
    Box of 9X19 ( 9 MM for you non spec shooters) used to be $11.30 a box of 50, today, it's $24.85 plus the taxes above totaling $26.98, for the cheap generic white box/green box target/plinkin stuff!

Did find a really awesome deal though, Grizzly Ammo in 10 mm auto, 180 gr hollow points, $22.60 a box, NO TAX, or 220 gr Hard Cast solids, $26.85, NO TAX, no purchase limits, so I cleaned them out of their entire stock, totaling $590.32!

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Colorado isn't much better but at least there are fewer taxes! Prices are somewhat lower, especially on fuel, but we're stuck with the Ethanol blends, and exhaust fluid, and they are pushing for more, especially farm use, which I absolutely will not be complying, same as when I installed the three wood stoves without permits or inspections, or any other nonsense, let them come, I got a rabid attorney who LOVES sticking it to "The Man" any chance he gets!

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't recommend smoking anything as it's a great way to get you to pay into social security all your life then die 1 to 3 years after you start drawing SS.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Yeah, if they don't know that you got one (whatever that is) they can't tax, seize, fine, etc.!

Gator 45/70, CraftyMofo and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

SC is pretty conservative but those prices are way below what we are paying good luck finding a $1 for a loaf of bread or 1.63 for a 1/2 gallon of milk

7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

We pay a bit more for milk from glass bottles from local farmers, not from wally world or Kroger.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    We are proud to source our milk from a few, independent family farms all located within 30 miles of the Dairy. This partnership ensures both the quality and freshness of the milk. In most cases, the milk is processed within 24 to 48-hours and available for purchase. Talk about fresh!
    We pay our farmers an incentive for higher quality milk. Our sourced milk is farmer-certified and free of rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormones). These artificial hormones are injected into the cows to artificially stimulate the cows to produce more milk.
    We guarantee this quality by requiring our farmers to sign a notarized affidavit that states they will not use growth hormones. While some companies are now getting into rBGH-free milk, We NEVER have accepted milk from farms that use artificial hormones. Through additional quality testing, each and every load of milk is further tested to confirm that it is free of antibiotics as well. The result is a higher, consistent standard than the requirement.

Kroger run their own dairies...

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

In BC (Bring Cash) Kanada .
    gal/1L milk = 10.49 plus Enviro tax on the container
    Bread = 5.49 to 7.99
    Eggs 6.40 / doz (we have birds on the farm/homestead
    I'll add as I look and take pix so I remember
    Sloth

9. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

The prices are ridiculous --are wages in Canada that high people can afford to buy food let alone anything else.

10. Cruisin Sloth

I'll update with Pictures.
    Min wage here is 16.90 Kanastand monopoly Fiat.

bread.

bread2.

milk.

Went shopping today for the ranch.
    Mushrooms are 5.79/#
    Celery is 3.49 /bunch
    deli ham slice is 3.18 for 4 Oz or .118 KG

In the summer june/july celery was 1.50 mushrooms were 2.50, Can't remember ham slices
    Sloth

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
  11. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Costco here in SC sells hot house tomatoes grown in Canada and they are reasonable priced. how much of what you are paying is tax to the Canadian welfare system?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    Brokor and CraftyMofo like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Joe Biden hoisted on his own petard.

Bidenomics = 28% price increases from almost exactly 3 years ago.

sasquatch91 likes this.
  13. Cruisin Sloth

@johnbb
    Sir I just saw this between keeping fires going and moving slush .
    The hot houses for tomatoes are 1.99/ lb on sale . Grown just down island and in Delta / Richmond BC .. Now that the Carbon tax is on all fuels , so that has put the price up from 1.40/lb as of last year.

Quick Dick McDick spells out our Carbon tax BS

Sloth

SB21 and johnbb like this.
  14. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Won't be buying Canadian tomatoes anymore.

SB21 likes this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Bidenomics: blame companies for inflation. If I remember correctly the term "shrinkflation" was invented during the obama years.

16. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Bidumb cam out and told companies to stop shrinkflation. If companies did that inflation would be even worse

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Price fixing of the 1970s comes to mind. Where the government decided they can set the price of gasoline and nothing bad would happen. The gas prices went up because US middle eastern policy blew up in our face, the supply of oil was constrained gas prices soar, the governments genius idea was force the oil companies to sell gas at the old price. Then there wasn't enough gasoline.
    I'd rather have gas on tap at $5 gallon then have it be $2 a gallon and unavailable.

18. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Companies began reducing package sizes to give thee illusion prices weren't going up (fool the consumer) but price went up on this smaller amounts anyway. Bidumb is an idiot the economy is mess and it his all his fault

Zimmy and Tempstar like this.
  1. JC Refuge
  2. JC Refuge
  3. Alanaana
    Ribeye, bay scallops, and mushrooms
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Aug 27, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. JC Refuge
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Dunerunner
  7. jefferson
  8. jefferson
  9. Motomom34
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Coyote Ridge
  12. ditch witch
  13. Dunerunner
  14. Ganado
  15. JC Refuge
  16. JC Refuge
  17. Coyote Ridge