New CZ-82 Pistol

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by NVBeav, Nov 12, 2007.

1. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Thought I'd show a picture of my new cz-82. It's actually the first purchase I've made using my C&R license. The fit and feel is beautiful; if I hadn't come down with this silly cold, I may have gone to the range... of course I wouldn't have been able to shoot it -- no bullets yet. Hence, you get to enjoy my pictures and general excitement :^)

I can now field strip and reassemble it with my eyes closed (if it was hard to do I might be bragging). I got a lot of help from the great people at SurplusRifleForum.com.

One of the interesting things about the cz-82 is its polygonal rifling. They say it helps with muzzle velocity, accuracy, and reduces fouling. The other item that may contribute to accuracy even more (according to Wiki) is that the barrel is fixed to the frame. There's getting to be more information available because of it's increasing popularity.

A few other features that I like are:
    • ambidextrous safety and mag release
    • chrome plated bore
    • 12-round mag
    • cost
    I can't wait to get to the range and see if it actually fires!
    ez_DSC_7240.JPG

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nice. I assume we will be getting a range report shortly complete with pics......[winkthumb]

3. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

There's nothing I'd like more... I called around locally for ammo and it's way expensive (~55 cents/rnd). A few dealers on-line are very reasonable (< 20 cents/rnd) -- you can probably guess I've got some on order :^)

Now, if it weren't for this thing called "werk"...

4. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

My wife and I finally got to get out and fire the new CZ-82. I would have taken a picture of one of the little targets we used to show a grouping, but it seems to be lost... my wife probably thought it was garbage.

Pros:
    • the pistol fits both our hands very well
    • recoil was very well tolerated by my small-statured wife
    • it's accurate: my wife consistently hit the 3x6-inch target from about 10 yards
    • buying ammo on-line is pretty inexpensive
    • the pistol is extremely easy to clean
    Cons:
    • the action is very difficult for my wife to pull back. This could be a show-stopper, so we'll work on it
    • local ammo was expensive (may change as supply goes up)
    Neither Pro or Con:
    • the pistol has some substance to it -- it's not light, but really not heavy either
    That's about all I have to say about the pistol. We really had a blast with it!, and, finally, some less expensive ammo arrived via UPS tonight...

5. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Thanks for the report. How close is the 9x18 in power/recoil to the 9x19? Obviously, I would assume they we're pretty close, but you never know :)

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Man thats really sweet looking, Price?? Do they have anything besides ball ammo available.?

7. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

The recoil is much like the "std" 9mm -- you might be able to tell the difference side-by-side, but I didn't have that option.

There are quite a few places selling them right now (e.i. AIMsurplus.com, CenterfireSystems.com, JGSales.com, S Ohio Gun, New Philly Sports, more) ranging from about $160 to $250. Most people are recommending the extra $10 for "handpick" unless you're already paying for a premium quality.

JGSales.com has some Silver Bear JHP at ~$10/50 rnds, which seems pretty reasonable. Shop around for FMJ because the prices vary.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7