New Family Member

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kckndrgn, Aug 5, 2012.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Here is Penny, my newest family member.

Penny was found by a co-worker one morning, and despite attempts to find the owner, no one came forward. My wife (and kids) have wanted a dog for a while, so we made the decision to bring her home.

We can't tell the breed. She looks like a big beagle. My co-worker took her to the vet the day they found her, and the vet est. her age at 8 weeks. Her paws are fairly big, I'm guessing (from my limited dog knowledge) that she is going to be a big medium sized dog at full grown. A few people that have seen her think there is some sort of hound dog in her, what kind we don't know.

She has taken to my kids and loves to play with them in the yard. She also appears to already be potty trained, yippie!! She walks great on a leash as well, very calm even when other dogs come around.

Penny.

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

bunnies beware! Nice looking dog!

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

What a cute looking pup. Congratulations Dad. another mouth to feed and lots more kisses

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Nice looking pup!

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

She appear's to have some Walker/Beagle in her...She'll hunt !!! + 1 for the save...!!!

6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Looks like you've gained a buddy/stress reliever/guard/alarm for your family.Thumbs up for the save.

7. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I'm with Gator 45/70...Treeing Walker Coonhound. Beautiful dog. Should look like a beagle but be the size of a black and tan bloodhound, about 60--70 lbs.

8. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks all, after reading up on the Treeing Walker Coonhound I have to agree, that's most likely what she is. Yeah, I have a hunting dog, now to find somewhere or someone to help me train her.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7