New film about the reality of living off-grid in Canada

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by rgrace, Nov 17, 2015.

1. rgrace

rgrace Monkey

Hi folks,
    I'm new here and appreciating all the info that's shared.
    I want to share this link to a new film that I found is really good.
    - RG
    (As a newbie, I'm not able to post links, so I hope this is ok as it is. I will delete this if so :oops:)

lifeoffgrid dot ca
    "Life Off Grid is a two-year journey exploring the lives of Canadians in every province and territory who have made the choice to disconnect. Life Off Grid is a film and book about people who have chosen to build their lives around renewable energy, with beautiful, inspiring, and often challenging results."

kellory, GOG, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome rgrace. that sounds like it will be of interest to many of our members. I look forward to seeing it. Thanks

3. William Warren

William Warren Monkey+++

The site says I can buy or rent the movie, but I don't see it on Netflix. Where is it available?

4. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Canada is a myth. They only live right on the edge of the US boarder up there....the rest is a frozen uninhabitable wasteland.
    Never go there. It's dangerous.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Seems you Canucks, tell the same lies, that we Alaskans tell, when talking to FlatLanders....

6. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Welcome to the Monkey tree @rgrace ... We do have our tricksters here and are good for a laugh..

Mindgrinder likes this.
  7. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

i know you dont get out much....it's probably not worth the time to visit....

Toronto:
    [​IMG]

Vancouver Harbor:
    [​IMG]

The ONLY place in Canada worth migrating to is Montreal Quebec...it's the only place in the whole country with cable and internet.

Montreal:
    [​IMG]

8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

pretty...

Mindgrinder likes this.
  9. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Wow...I didn't realize that Montreal had such a grasp on oriental architecture... [slow]

Mindgrinder and Ganado like this.
  10. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

I hitch-hiked from Anchorage all the way to California down the Al/Can highway, It was amazing, very isolated and scary, but Beautiful. At night we would lay by the fire and watch the Auroras dance across the sky, STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Montreal, hmmm...seems go have changed a bit since I was there last....:rolleyes:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7