New folder

Discussion in 'Blades' started by sharpeblades, Feb 6, 2011.

1. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Just thought i would share a new folder i just finished up .Carbon fiber and desert iron wood
    IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3907.JPG IMG_3914.JPG IMG_3915.JPG IMG_3916.JPG IMG_3923.JPG IMG_3925.JPG IMG_3934.JPG

2. Bison_Forge

Bison_Forge Aspiring Knifemaker

Very nice. Your work is an inspiration to us all.

3. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Bison Forge Thank you sir

4. Castiel

Castiel Monkey+

Beautiful, is there any books or videos you'd recommend for someone looking to get started making knives?

5. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Very nice work!

6. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Thank you you gentlemen and castiel the best advice i can give you would be to check locally and see if there are any knife makers and give them a call and see if you cant come buy for a visit so you can talk about wanting to make knives .You will be able to see whats involved with knife making .It will surprise you ~Raleigh

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Heck, I would be VERY satisfied with one of Adam's scrap Chopper Blades, even if I had to finish it myself...... I know Momma would love one of Haley's Huntress Blades....

8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Beautiful work!

9. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That is true Castiel about finding a knifemaker and learning from them. Most are willing to teach to "give back" because they were taught by others.

For books I'd get "The $50 Knife Shop" by Goddard. For a tutorial on making a knife try this - I followed this to make my first knife.

Jones, Scott Jonesy - Absolute Cheapskate Way to Start Making Knives

10. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Thank you gentlemen I have acouple more folders ime finishing up and i will post some pictures

11. hoo hoo grub

hoo hoo grub Monkey+

nice work, i like fixed blades more though.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7