1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

New folder

Discussion in 'Blades' started by sharpeblades, Feb 6, 2011.

1. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Just thought i would share a new folder i just finished up .Carbon fiber and desert iron wood
    IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3907.JPG IMG_3914.JPG IMG_3915.JPG IMG_3916.JPG IMG_3923.JPG IMG_3925.JPG IMG_3934.JPG
  2. Bison_Forge

Bison_Forge Aspiring Knifemaker

Very nice. Your work is an inspiration to us all.
  3. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Bison Forge Thank you sir
  4. Castiel

Castiel Monkey+

Beautiful, is there any books or videos you'd recommend for someone looking to get started making knives?
  5. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Very nice work!
  6. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Thank you you gentlemen and castiel the best advice i can give you would be to check locally and see if there are any knife makers and give them a call and see if you cant come buy for a visit so you can talk about wanting to make knives .You will be able to see whats involved with knife making .It will surprise you ~Raleigh
  7. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Heck, I would be VERY satisfied with one of Adam's scrap Chopper Blades, even if I had to finish it myself...... I know Momma would love one of Haley's Huntress Blades....
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Beautiful work!
  9. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That is true Castiel about finding a knifemaker and learning from them. Most are willing to teach to "give back" because they were taught by others.

For books I'd get "The $50 Knife Shop" by Goddard. For a tutorial on making a knife try this - I followed this to make my first knife.

Jones, Scott Jonesy - Absolute Cheapskate Way to Start Making Knives
  10. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Thank you gentlemen I have acouple more folders ime finishing up and i will post some pictures
  11. hoo hoo grub

hoo hoo grub Monkey+

nice work, i like fixed blades more though.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary