New guy from up the river

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Umilik, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Umilik

Umilik Monkey

Hi there!
    I'm glad I stumbled on this site. I probably should have introduced myself before digging in but there's just so much good info here and helpful people.
    I'm not a prepper in that I'm not preparing for any one event. I'm just making sure my family's ready for anything. Right now I'm working to get our home as off grid as possible for where we are. I'm excited to learn and share here as we go through the process.
    Thanks for having me,
    Umi

Seacowboys, BTPost, kellory and 2 others like this.
  2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Welcome to the Monkey tree... grab a branch and stay awhile...

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Umi glad you stumbled on into the Monkey!! Making sure our families are ready, is paramount to all of us. [winkthumb]

kellory and Umilik like this.
  4. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

Welcome aboard

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You are mistaken, Sir. You are a prepper. Most preppers prep for anything that can go wrong, not just one thing.
    Power, water, unrest, food shortage, banking issues, anything. Welcome.;)

Umilik likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The only One Event Prep'ers are those Idiots on Doomsday Prep'ers..... The rest of us do it, because we understand Self-sufficentsy and Family.........

Sapper John and kellory like this.
  7. Umilik

Umilik Monkey

Well then I guess I'm coming out as a prepper haha I'm loving this site so far, by the way.

Sapper John, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

9. Moatengator

Moatengator Monkey

Welcome!! I too "stumbled" onto this site awhile back. It is now my go-to place with any questions I may have. A LOT of smart, good folks here.

10. -06

-06 Monkey+++

UMI, don't be shy about preparing for coming events. IMO, it is just a matter of short time. If wrong it has not hurt anyone and I can eat the rotated foods while maintaining a reserve level.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7