New Hoop House

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by TnAndy, Oct 18, 2013.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Well, been away from the site awhile....got an email reminder to that effect today, so I'll pick up where I left off with the hoop house back in the fall of 2013. We did get it closed in for winter that fall, and the crop of cool weather crops did good.

[​IMG]

Raised and froze a good crop of broccoli

[​IMG]

In the following year, I poured concrete in the center after running pex tubing for solar hot water to be added later, then built a 5' wide x 24' raised center bed....doubling the amount of growing space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And then proceeded to use it: (various shot over the seasons)[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Still growing a lot outside as well, but the hoop house has produced an amazing amount of food over the years. Had I known how much we would use it, would have built it much bigger !

[​IMG]

Ganado, Motomom34, Cabin Lady and 3 others like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@TnAndy the workmanship on the hoop house is five-star. It is beautiful. There are no upper vents. I saw a fan, does that alleviate the heat or is not an issue?

What are those bushes in front of the wall above? Blueberries?

Sapper John and chelloveck like this.
  3. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Yeah, look in the 7th pic down, above the doors....there are two louvered vents above the door that open when the fan clicks on if the doors are not open.

Bushes below the wall are Knock-out roses....some stuff has to be pretty, not just edibile..... :D Ground level above the roses, but can be worked from the rose side, are strawberries, as well as a raised bed of them below the hoop house on the garden side

Sapper John, chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Lovely!

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. natshare
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. TnAndy
  4. Bandit99
  5. runswithdogs
  6. Thunder5Ranch
  7. Oltymer
  8. kateTV