New knifemaker here from GA!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Brad Singley, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Brad Singley

Brad Singley Monkey+

Hello everyone! New here to the forums and a custom knifemaker for a few years now. I have been lurking around and reading alot. Lots of good info here on the forums.
    I am a fulltime Firefighter/EMT with a metro Atlanta county and a custom knifemaker on my days off. I enjoy taking my children, ages 9 and 10 hunting and shooting. They truly are gifts from God.
    I wanted to share a couple of custom knives I have forged for my collectors in the past. The first one is a low layer (100 layers) of a lightly etched pattern welded steel of 15n20 with a persian styled desert ironwood handle and 416 stainless steel ferrule and guard. Blade length is about 7.5 inches or so.
    The second picture is a 9.5 inch carbon steel blade of 1080 with fairly complex guard of silicon bronze, along with a fileworked ferrule. The blade has a vine and thorns pattern along the spine to the sharpened clip. The handle is Merino sheep horn with a mortised tang construction, Peined pins in bronze finish this piece up.
    I am a Journeyman Smith with the American Bladesmith Society since 2007. I enjoy building custom bowies and hunter styled knives in the tradition style. I hope you enjoy them also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Welcome. Beautiful stuff you have there.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7