1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

New knifemaker here from GA!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Brad Singley, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Brad Singley

Brad Singley Monkey+

Hello everyone! New here to the forums and a custom knifemaker for a few years now. I have been lurking around and reading alot. Lots of good info here on the forums.
    I am a fulltime Firefighter/EMT with a metro Atlanta county and a custom knifemaker on my days off. I enjoy taking my children, ages 9 and 10 hunting and shooting. They truly are gifts from God.
    I wanted to share a couple of custom knives I have forged for my collectors in the past. The first one is a low layer (100 layers) of a lightly etched pattern welded steel of 15n20 with a persian styled desert ironwood handle and 416 stainless steel ferrule and guard. Blade length is about 7.5 inches or so.
    The second picture is a 9.5 inch carbon steel blade of 1080 with fairly complex guard of silicon bronze, along with a fileworked ferrule. The blade has a vine and thorns pattern along the spine to the sharpened clip. The handle is Merino sheep horn with a mortised tang construction, Peined pins in bronze finish this piece up.
    I am a Journeyman Smith with the American Bladesmith Society since 2007. I enjoy building custom bowies and hunter styled knives in the tradition style. I hope you enjoy them also.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Welcome. Beautiful stuff you have there.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary