New Knifemaker here!

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Brad Singley, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Brad Singley

Brad Singley Monkey+

Hello everyone, I posted this in the new guy forum but wanted to post here also. I have been lurking around for a few months now and decide to post on the forums.
    I built these knives in the past 9 months or so and wanted to share pictures with you of them. I hope you like them and I look forward to posting here with you guys!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

The knifemakers that frequent here will soon be around to look at your stuff...

3. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Welcome... Beautiful Knife... Congrats on the JS as well....
    Very nice....!

4. melbo

Ahh, I hadn't noticed the JS. I bet you blade guys see it right away!
    Congrats

5. Bear

Yup... Special designation for a disciplined commitment to excellence and quality... I notice and it deserves recognition... [applaud]

I'm sure an MS is in Brad's future!

6. melbo

So being really good at knifemaking can get you a wife? I didn't realize that! [smsh]

7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Ooooooo! Nice job!

8. Bear

That and other things too... [beer]biglaff

9. Brad Singley

Brad Singley Monkey+

You guys are to funny! Yes, knifemaking can get you a wife. Ok, not really as I started doing this after we were married. It's been 13 years since we took our vows and I couldn't be happier. Our 2 children are the world to us and I wanted to share a photo of my family with you guys. I'm the luckiest guy in the whole world, my wife sends me to the shop to build knives since she it gets me out of her hair and she gets to keep the money!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Bear

Great looking family!.... You are one lucky guy!

"my wife sends me to the shop to build knives since she it gets me out of her hair and she gets to keep the money!"

Sounds about right.... :0)

Welcome and again... You're a talented guy... great knives!

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Are you familiar with Adam & Haley DesRosiers, Brad? They happen to be close (close = 10 Sq. Miles) neighbors of mine. Adam is known for his Damascus Choppers and Alaska Bush Knives... Haley makes some very nice smaller Blades. Oh, and welcome to the Monkey....

12. Brad Singley

Brad Singley Monkey+

Hi BTPost, Yep, know Adam and Haley well. We cross paths at the Blade Show here in Atlanta and have spent time together at Batson's Hammer-in over in Alabama. Great folks and great bladesmiths!
    Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

13. Bear

I believe Adam also just got married in a pretty elaborate ceremony with some beautiful swords made just for the event...
    He also competed in the cutting events and is also a pretty talented bladesmith... never met him but have followed him as well...
    You guys are lucky to know him....
    Wish Hawaii wasn't so far away... although Alaska is too :0)

14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Very nice work!!! I hear that knife's sell very well in the Dallas/Houston area's....
    Do you travel that far??

15. Brad Singley

Brad Singley Monkey+

Hi Gator 45/70, cool name btw. I typically build around 20 maybe 25 knives a year. Most are bought by my collectors any that aren't bought by them I will keep for a few months or so to have photographed or to show off to people that stop by the house to see my shop or to just hang out. With the wife and I as social as we are and plus the kids and their friends it can be like Grand Central Station around here. After that, I use Bladegallery out of Seattle to market them to the world. They are really good at what they do.
    I do the Blade Show in Atlanta each year although if the economy doesn't make some improvements I am going to rethink this idea. 500 dollars for a table is a bit ridiculous and it seems to go up each year. Mighty expensive way to hand out business cards.
    I also offer one on one knifemaking lessons ranging from a completed knife or just focusing on what a person wants to work on, such as handles and guards, forging, heat treatment or leatherwork.

16. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Welcome to the forum Brad

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7