New Member from MN

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cschattner, Nov 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

I definitely do not play by the rules but when someone can levy massive fines that I cant afford on me I tend to try to stick close to the line.

RightHand likes this.
  2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ganado likes this.
  3. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

basically, it never ends. My property taxes are $1,200 a year but they can tell me what I can and cant do. I hope they choke on their own paperwork.

RightHand likes this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Perhaps, a mobile home would suit.

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

LOL Hardly likely within driving distance to Mpls/SP

6. kellory

I don't know what that is, but it would be more comfortable than a tent, and might help with the paperwork issue of a "residence" (which in tern might get the garage built)

7. RightHand

Minneapolis/Saint Paul - You have to understand the city culture in the area. I doubt a mobile home would even get approval on the river flat.

8. kellory

I wouldn't know. Then perhaps a Winnebago.

9. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

nope no mobile home, no camper and no sheds.
    Mobile home/trailer houses are only allowed in parks and the city I am in is one of the worst. I have talked to people near my place and when I tell them where I live there response is generally a look of "I am so sorry".

10. kellory

Then why fight it? Sell and buy where you have more freedom. Why knock head to wall?

3cyl likes this.
  11. RightHand

I had some friends who bought a house in a small new development in Saint Michaels MN which is almost an hour outside the Twin Cities. It is a little piece of land in the middle of farmland, one traffic light town and my friends weren't even allowed to build a shed. they could buy one to specifications but they couldn't get approval to build their own.

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. RightHand

Probably won't happen - I think we have another woman here who doesn't like to be pushed around. You go girl!

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. kellory

Best of luck to you, but research your options. Some battles cost more than goal is worth.

3cyl likes this.
  14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Check out the planning codes... you may be able to move a pre-existing "home" on to the property... so a house that needs to be moved vs. torn down might work we have a member who moves homes for a living he might have some more info..

15. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

I have already decided that in 5 years I will be selling the property and buying more acreage farther away from the cities. I am limited on drive time since most of my work is in the cities so I already drive and hour to get to work and apparently that is not far enough.
    The only reason I am not selling and running to somewhere less restrictive is because I will never got the deal I got on this property again.
    I purchased the 8 acres on a 6yr contract for deed for $99,000 with $5,000 down, $700 a month and 0% interest. I plan on paying it off in 5yrs and moving on unless I got this nightmare worked out. I am already looking at putting a brush wall around the entire 8 acres next year. My top priority though is getting the property cut down since I have 5 years worth of overgrowth to get through. So much thistle!!
    I will then scope out where to put the house and putting up more fence for cattle and expanding the horse pasture. Half my complaints are about the horses. Ranging from them not having a lean-too to the animals being abandoned (I guess the water and hay magically refill themselves?) I will also be starting my garden next year so I can get my canning done for the winter. That will be an adventure.

Ganado, 3cyl, RightHand and 1 other person like this.
  16. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

First of all, welcome!

You need to really examine your purchase agreement. $700/mo for 6 years is only 50,400, not the $94k you would owe...something is fishy, or a serious typo ;)
    Strongly suggest you get that straight before any improvements are made.

Best of luck!

3cyl likes this.
  17. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

I pay them more then 700 because I want to pay it off in 5 years. Contract for deeds are hardly ever negotiated for the full loan period.
    I pay about $1,400 a month right now and anything extra I can spare.

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I love old buildings and houses, I know what you mean about it being depressing to watch something being left to rot. The architecture itself is worth preserving. When I see an old rundown farmhouse, my mind start to construct it back into the homestead it once was.

Sadly I know your building issues. That happened when we did our addition the builder was getting nowhere with the county. I will admit I turned on my feminine wiles and got it done. It was degrading but I got my addition approved.

Ganado and GOG like this.
  19. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

Care to come help me w the city?

GOG and Motomom34 like this.
  20. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome to the tree. Just do your best, you'll get support here.

RightHand and Motomom34 like this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly