New member from Scotland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LargeWayRound, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome!

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Welcome to our home on the web...

3. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

One side of my family arrived on our shores from Scotland by way of Ireland and a prison ship in the 1750's..
    Welcome and I feel confident you will feel most comfortable here..

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Welcome

6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome from the Guthrie clan!!!

7. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Good afternoon,

I Noticed the Motorcycle on your sign in. Do you ride on a regular basis. We have a Motorcycle related post center.

Any Farms or ranchs in your area and do you operate any farm equipment.

I ask these questions just as a way to let you know we have a variety of members and a variety of forums based on member needs and skill sets. As always OPSEC comes first.

Recently I ordered a security item from the UK for a Ranch vehicle, I'll be posting the result of my purchase for others. Often security is a major concern in the current world, much less if TSHTF.

9. duane

duane Monkey+++

Great grandfather came from Scotland by the way of Ireland. My grandfather told me that he had said that the family had had the choice of leaving Scotland and going to Ireland or dying, they went to Ireland, but he couldn't swear that they had made the right decision. Welcome to the forum.

10. LargeWayRound

LargeWayRound Monkey+

Thank for all the other welcomes , I have been reading the forums , but have not responded as I have been trying to Survive the massive Man Flu (Cold) that I have had all week. Nearly over it now ... but made me think about survival when ill and found the section on exactly that here .. And found some helpful stuff Thanks .

Yip Mostly ride my bike for pleasure as I don't commute to work *Work from Home* .
    I also run a small motorbike forum with mostly friends , so we can keep in touch , go camping weekends and maybe some limited off roading , forest tracks etc .

Made a short video for the forum a couple of weeks back , will post at end of post if I can.

I have no experience of running farm equipment , more of a technical , computer , electronic fixer , etc .
    Likes , fishing , shooting (air rifle club) , camping , riding motorbike of course , dogs , forest walk , beach walks .

Maybe the video will give you a glimpse of Rural Scotland , ignore the recruitment stuff at the end (unless you are interested in bikes) its not my intention to promote my forum here ...

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    Ganado, Brokor and kellory like this.
  11. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Thanks for the video.

Here's a road I road many years ago.

And here is a Monkey Motorcycle Thread.
    The M/C Shop | Survival Forums

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    LargeWayRound and Brokor like this.
  12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Nice. I would like to tour Scotland and Ireland in that manner.

13. LargeWayRound

LargeWayRound Monkey+

Thanks HK_User.
    Will check that thread out

I can highly recommend this single malt , if you source it .
    Isle of Jura "Origin"

Jura Whisky

image.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    Ganado likes this.
  14. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Good Lord!! Now I am salivating!

Ganado likes this.
  15. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I am planning a trip to Edinburgh in August. Looking forward to it. We try to go somewhere cooler during the heat of summer. Last year we went to Dublin. I will look for that Scotch. I just recently acquired the taste for it and have been sampling different ones. Welcome to the tree!

16. winston

winston Monkey

Hey Mr. Scotland - I need some suggestions away from prepping. The wife and I are well traveled, but we've never been to Ireland or Scotland. In July I'm going to Africa hunting and we're going to spend a week first over in Ireland (or Scotland).... Any suggestions on what we really need to do? You're from there, so you...you might overlook the basic tourist traps, but that's what we want. We live 5 miles from the National Corvette Museum but the wife never went there for 14 years.

17. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Oh thank god ! another good scotch drinker! [boozingbuddies]

18. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Depends on where in Scotland your thinking of going?
    To big an area to do in a week really.
    We tend to do a lot of camping on the west coast & avoid tourist areas like plague but I could point some out to look into if I knew what areas your looking at...

19. LargeWayRound

LargeWayRound Monkey+

Edinburgh has lots to see , Royal Mile , Castle , Visit Scotland Website has a bit about the area .

Edinburgh & The Lothians - Scotland

Ganado likes this.
  20. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I just found a bottle of that yesterday. It was about 65 euro. Haven't tried it yet but was reading the history on the box. Interesting. I was reading the website and they make a nice variety of blends. I am going to have to keep an eye out for others. I would love to find a bottle of the 1984.
    "Our 1984 vintage pays homage to the island's most distinguished guest, George Orwell, who penned his masterpiece of the same name right here on Jura. And with only 1,984 bottles ever crafted, we like to think the whisky we casked that year is a revolutionary classic in its own right."

1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly