New member from Scotland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LargeWayRound, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Thanks for the link. Wow that is pricey for the 1984. I live on a small island in the Mediterranean so we pay a lot more for imported luxuries. I did the conversion wrong tho it comes out to about 55 euro. I am going to try it this evening with a good cigar and watch the sun set.

By the way I registered on the website and am an official Diurach the Gaelic name for a local. I get a free dram at the Jura pub every month for life! Might have to make a visit there and collect.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  3. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Ouch . 55 euro still works out to about double what I pay if I get it on a good sale.. supposes we get a better price to make up for the pishy wheather

Minuteman likes this.
  4. Minuteman

Have you ever been to the island? I am planning a trip to Scotland soon and am seriously considering adding a stop there to my itinerary.
    As for the price, that is the cost of living in paradise. I live on the North side of Cyprus and the cost of living, houses,food etc is cheap compared to Europe or the US but we pay about half as much again for anything imported, be it a car or a bottle of Scotch.
    And most of that is due to the North not being recognised as an independent country. Unfortunately UN sanctions mean everything imported has to first go through Turkey. Too many fingers in the pie!

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  5. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Havent been to Jura, We were camping on Islay year before last & were hoping to go over (short ferry ride) but ran out of time. I love the west coast though. Id also recommend Mull & Iona

6. Minuteman

Before I finalize plans I may contact you for some pointers. We try to get away from the brutal late summer heat of the Eastern Med for a couple of weeks each year. We went to Dublin last year but could only spend one week so stayed in the city. I really want to get out into the country side. Stop in some small village pubs along the way. Really see the local flavor not just the tourist sites.
    By the way. I couldn't wait for sunset and have made my way almost downo to the label on the bottle! Very, very, smooth! If my writing becomes unintelligible you will know why. ;)

7. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

No trouble,

We usually go to the west coast for our holidays so can probably be of some help... course were usually camping so may not be able to personally recommend B&B's & the like :p
    Staying at a cottage this year though.. to many screaming brats next door the last few camping trips (and the kids were horrid to)

Minuteman likes this.
  8. Minuteman

Just took it down to the bottom of the label this afternoon. I think this is my new favorite Scotch. Thanks for introducing me to it. That is one fine spirit!

Ganado likes this.
  9. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Yeah, its nice stuff...

If you like whiskey liqueurs look for one called Stags Breath.
    Its a whiskey honey liquor & ohhhh so Moorish... not sick-y sweet like Drambuie but oh so smooth and very very dangerous 'cause it goes down much to easy & by the time you realize the bottles half empty your stuffed.

techsar, Ganado and Minuteman like this.
  10. Minuteman

I'll have to look for it.

11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

me too! sounds wonderful!

1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly