New member from Southwestern PA/WV area

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by IceRanger, Mar 31, 2020.

1. IceRanger

IceRanger Intellectus Refuticus

New to the forum, not to prepping/survival. Brought here by COVID, but think I'll stay awhile!

GOG, Yard Dart, Oddcaliber and 5 others like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Welcome! Grew up in that neck of the woods...darned near on the line between Washington and Greene counties...

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to our Monkey Tree.... Pick yourself out a branch and have a look around... Plenty of good folks here bouts, and lots of good info in the forums...

4. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Hey welcome you got questions they have the answers for sure. Have fun!!!!

SB21, IceRanger, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  5. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Welcome! Jump on in.

IceRanger, sec_monkey and Dunerunner like this.
  6. john316

john316 Monkey+++

WELCOME from middle florida

7. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Welcome from Louisiana
    [flag]

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome!!!

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome from Ory GUN....

IceRanger likes this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Happy to have you on board! TONS of information and some real helpful experts here. Make sure you check out the Resources section.

IceRanger and Dunerunner like this.
  11. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Welcome to the tree from the PNW..

IceRanger likes this.
  12. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the Monkey tree!

IceRanger likes this.
  13. IceRanger

Thanks for the welcome. I'm on the line between Greene and Fayette counties, very near the WV border.

Sadly, I'm not finding many like-minded people here just yet. That's odd to me; this area seems ideal for independent living and survival/prepper-mindedness. Being part of Pennsylvania probably dampens independent thought by default, but the area itself otherwise lends itself well to it.

chelloveck, techsar and SB21 like this.
  14. IceRanger

Oregon...

I gotta ask...how does a state that seems so otherwise perfect for our mindset wind up with PORTLAND? Of all the places in the country that seem to have gone completely to the dogs, Portland seems to be the leader of the pack.

Yet I hear it's such beautiful country, with lots of wild and plenty of independent spirit guided by principles of The American Way.

I understand if there's a disconnect; Pennsylvania is all but New York in so many ways, and yet with pockets of people like me, so I "get it" if Portland just isn't representative of the rest of the state. Sadly, it's the face of your state--especially right now.

Yard Dart and SB21 like this.
  15. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

We're here, just read some of the older posts. Also check the regional monkey threads for hints and tips. You'll also find the average monkey is very much into OPSEC. Warming up takes time.

chelloveck, SB21 and IceRanger like this.
  16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Easy question to answer... Portland is 1.5 hours closer to Commiefornia, than Seattle, and the exCommiefornians have been moving north for 30 years, bring their goofy ideas, and voting preferences with them... They can’t make it in the rural areas of these states, so they congregate in the Cities, turning them into the S**tHoles that they moved away from...

Oddcaliber and 3M-TA3 like this.
  17. IceRanger

Isn't that just the way, though? Move away from an area that has turned to crap, but bring the crap ideas with you so you can turn the new area to crap all over again...

Yard Dart and techsar like this.
  18. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

COVID-19 is not the first deadly virus to invade Oregon. Lower cost of living in Oregon drew hoards of people fleeing California after they destroyed it with left wing policies. They congregated in Portland because it was our idea of "The Big City", and then drove out many native Oregonians by raising property values and taxes. Naturally they all got politically active and repeated the same BS they voted in in California. Like any other virus as soon as they kill the host they will move somewhere else and kill it as well.

Yard Dart, IceRanger and Oddcaliber like this.
  19. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

It is a long story, so here is the short version. In the mid 60's through the early 70's those escaping a what they viewed as a grossly militaristic society in the United States migrated to our northern neighbor, Canada. Some made it, but for others the VW microbus broke down either in Portlandia or Soseattle. Then they reproduced..... :D

Yard Dart and IceRanger like this.
  20. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Welcome from another Louisiana resident! I'm just outside of New Orleans.

IceRanger likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7