1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by sweetshrub, Nov 20, 2010.

1. sweetshrub

sweetshrub Monkey+

My name is sweetshrub because, as a child raised in Atlanta in days before air conditioning, my mother, a horticulturist, planted Carolina Allspice (sweetshrub) beneith our bedroom windows. With windows open (I wouldn't do this now!!), I would drift off to sleep, smelling the exotic, spicy fragrance of the sweetshrub. It is a fond memory of a time when life seemed simpler and safer.

I am an older female living in Florida. I have been organic gardening for about 25 years. My plot is very small but I also do container gardening.

I have been interested in preparedness for the past 15 or so years. I will be surviving in place due to lack of ability to move to higher ground. It is what it is and I am here.

I work full time in long term health care.

I have lurked on this forum for a time and now am glad to be a member.
  2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome, Sweetshrub, from another older female living in Florida...So glad you're posting now! Look forward to hearing from you...Thank you for your introduction.....:)
  3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

Carolina Allspice is a very aromatic native plant and there's something really special about the color of the blooms... they're definitely not a rose red.... very understated elegant color to their blooms IMHO. Great choice for a user name!!! Gosh... I'm trying to learn as much as I can about organic gardening so I'm really glad you joined.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary