New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sweetshrub, Nov 20, 2010.

1. sweetshrub

sweetshrub Monkey+

My name is sweetshrub because, as a child raised in Atlanta in days before air conditioning, my mother, a horticulturist, planted Carolina Allspice (sweetshrub) beneith our bedroom windows. With windows open (I wouldn't do this now!!), I would drift off to sleep, smelling the exotic, spicy fragrance of the sweetshrub. It is a fond memory of a time when life seemed simpler and safer.

I am an older female living in Florida. I have been organic gardening for about 25 years. My plot is very small but I also do container gardening.

I have been interested in preparedness for the past 15 or so years. I will be surviving in place due to lack of ability to move to higher ground. It is what it is and I am here.

I work full time in long term health care.

I have lurked on this forum for a time and now am glad to be a member.

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome, Sweetshrub, from another older female living in Florida...So glad you're posting now! Look forward to hearing from you...Thank you for your introduction.....:)

3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

Carolina Allspice is a very aromatic native plant and there's something really special about the color of the blooms... they're definitely not a rose red.... very understated elegant color to their blooms IMHO. Great choice for a user name!!! Gosh... I'm trying to learn as much as I can about organic gardening so I'm really glad you joined.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7