New Mexico wants to go full retard

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Ganado, oldman11 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Come on across the river to iowa.

Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

In the years I spent in Northern Nevada I had neighbors from Kellogg. They were about as normal as you an get. Dad went to work in the mines (as did I) and made a good living supporting his wife and their two children.

They were great people, stable, I believe they're still living there and their kids are grown now. The oldest boy went to work in a machine shop after working for a couple years in the local grocery store.

Imagine that - a kid going to work to support himself!

Gator 45/70, GOG and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Folks must not of had a basement....

5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

A lot to like about Iowa but it really comes down to trees and hills. And where existing long time friends are and staying within a reasonable distance of the farm here in IL. did a test run the last two years with 14 acres to see where we would be on grain yields and did 72 BPA Soybeans this year and 197BPA Corn the previous year. Doing a old school 2/3 - 1/3 crop lease that netted me 336BU on double crop Beans in 2018 (Damn high yield on Double crop) that I just sold the other day at $8.96BU that made a decent check for $3,010 The whole 40 acres that are tillable should run the same averages giving 960BU Beans years and and 2626BU corn years with the expected variations up or down with weather. That translates to 147,056 pounds of corn, I need 62,000 pounds of corn per year for the small scale hog operation I have cut back to. So I can have my 1/3 dropped in my grain bank at the local elevator withdraw the 60k I need in my trailer 30k twice per year and drag it over to the new places feed bins as long as the new place is within 200-250 miles of this place. That gives me Central and Southern MO, Central and West KY , Central and West TN and Southern IN to work with. Once all the buildings here are moved or burned to the ground if they are not practical to move the Property tax bill will drop back to base farmland taxes of around $100 per year. Where at the moment I am paying a $75 tax on each 10x14 hog farrowing hut ($750), $500 on a carport converted to a chicken coop $1,900 on a 16x46 portable building converted to a cabin, $800 on a 1974 mobile home, $700 Ea ($1400) on two 12x32 portable buildings, $800 on a 30x60 open side barn, $400 on open sided 24x40 steel carport I park tractors and trailers under. $450 for a 24x30 hog house/nursery , $300 each ($900) for three 30x96 high tunnels and $78 for the tillable farmland.......... and am told in no uncertain terms those taxes are going to go up another 150% over the next 3-5 years.. I refuse to continue to pay those kind of taxes to live in this train wreck of a State. However it does make sense to keep the land and take the 1/3 grain and lease the woods out to the CHicago deer hunters that will gladly hand over a couple thousand bucks per year to sit in a tree stand freezing their noogies off 4-5 weekends per year. $7,978 in taxes on 40 acres tillable and 18 acres of woods with 1 permanent building on it.

A lot of Truth to these now that the communist have a super majority in the State Legislature and the Governorship. And there is a group that believes that the taxes we pay should be taxed as a benefit :(
    48372977_10157235648129349_1043139881368289280_n.

48383157_2414237325258808_336003980284919808_n.

6. BenP

BenP Monkey++

KY and TN are still holding strong, it is sad to see TX falling.

GrayGhost, Gator 45/70, GOG and 2 others like this.
  7. I worked in Montgomery for 23 yrs. '88 to '11. It was not good when I started there and it went down hill. I always breathed a huge sigh of relief as I crossed THE RIVER. Is it obvious that I have NO love for Illinois?

8. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I have been reading stuff about Colorado losing its mind. Colorado Springs, didn't they want everyone to register semi-autos or something. It's pockets of CO. that are still sane. It has come across as lefty from what I have read.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

thing is... very often what happens is the kali's concentrate... in kali most live in the bay area or L.A. area... so about 2 area's

many came to NV and congregated in LV or Reno... so about 2 area's... same thing pretty much in other states...

not sure if there really are so many there or there is some election fraud going on...

but the small areas with the concentrated kali's often manage somehow to get control of the states they move to... by voting kali stuff...

SAD part is they did NOT learn anything!

the people they elect... usually Dems... create more kali type places as they go...

pretty soon seems ya find ya got area's with rampant homeless drug users defecating in the streets...

AND

diseases that were pretty much non-existent in the U.S. appearing...

they create... well the words I wanna use are at best impolite... they decide things are no longer workable... move...

and start creating the same thing they ran away from...

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Thats alot of Taxes on ALR land !!

Sloth

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  11. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Tax on the land is not so bad, the tax on any structure bigger than 8x8 is where they kill you. To be fair that varies from County to County..... Talked to the person that bought the 6 acres, built in the 1970s 1800sq foot house and a 48x96-14 pole barn place I had up in Central IL. Taxes on it topped $12,000 this year. Taxes when I bought that place in 1998 were $1978 When I sold it in 2008 taxes were $7,200 now in 2018 taxes I believe he said were $12,290 LOL his mortgage payments per year are $8940. Its a no win situation he in IL. unless you want to live on raw land in a tent and even then they would probably find some way to tax the tent as a mansion.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  12. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

There's something to downsizing. Everyone wants a McMansion and gets the taxes that go along with it. I was thinking about moving. Some places are just insane about property taxes. I also factored in the cost of these places using road salt and destroying your vehicle.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

100% service disabled vets don’t have to pay property tax on their houses in iowa.

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I paid 11.00 for 3 acres classified as timberland, 88.00 on 10 acres next door
    450? or so on a house in a different parish.

Zimmy likes this.
  15. jukk0u

jukk0u Monkey+++

y'all have to understand: this is a uniform effort across the nation to "reform" laws. The bans on guns and parts, the attacks on state preemption are cookie-cutter tactics being directed by some centralized source. Bloomberg? Soros? Somebody is behind the curtain and has $$ and time to push this.

The solution is not to run! There is no place to hide. It is a nationwide effort. The solution is PARTICIPATION in your local politics and government. This is where "they" have found success. All the Mom's Against this-and-that clubs, with their color co-ordinated outfits and other hobby-lobbyists/activists excel at grass roots application of influence.

I realize it is onerous, tiring, and expensive (both in time and money) to participate in civic and state level politics. But letter writing (by the ream, not page), ATTENDING town hall meetings with your representatives- and speaking up - going to your state capital to attend committee meetings - and testifying - attending school board meetings - and speaking up... hell even running for school board office or state/local government is what is needed.

Look to what your opposition is doing and do it better. But it is something you DO, not run from. By running you'll only end up tired in a different state with the same problems.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The state of maine is going full retard even faster.
    The new bunch of libtards elected in to the state house are already working on gun bans.
    The thing is maine is consistently in the top 2 for lowest murder rate in the US, to include 50 states, dc and our inhabited territories.
    So they don't need gun control.
    Implementation of gun control is precisely what you don't want when you have just about the lowest murder and violent crime rates in the country and the world.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

LOL when I first read yer post I read East as West and found it very plausible that liberals would move west into the water.

oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The NM dems want univeral background checks and so called safe storage.

The news bunch in Albuquerque reached out to state legislature in Santa fe for interviews and none of them returned the reporters calls.
    So the dems pushing it can't even defend or sell it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

that form of background checks creates a database of owners doesn't it?

thought there was a law against that?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. nmpops

nmpops Monkey+++

I spent most of my adult life in New Mexico and although I live in AZ I pay attention to what's going on NM because I still have friends and family there.New Mexico has been democrat forever but gun loving dems. Most of their new proposals will go down in flames. I saw a recent article where 29 of 33 County Sheriffs have stated they will not enforce any new gun control laws.

ghrit, Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Yard Dart
  3. tacmotusn
  4. Tully Mars
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Yard Dart
  7. GOG
  8. Yard Dart
  9. bmtm09
  10. Yard Dart
  11. marlas1too