New Movie January 27th!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by STANGF150, Nov 17, 2011.

1. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

This Movie looks Good!! =)

"n The Grey, Liam Neeson leads an unruly group of oil-rig roughnecks when their plane crashes into the remote Alaskan wilderness. Battling mortal injuries and merciless weather, the survivors have only a few days to escape the icy elements – and a vicious pack of rogue wolves on the hunt – before their time runs out."

THE GREY Movie Trailer 2012 Official Teaser [HD] - YouTube

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The Grey seems like a variation on "The Edge"

Starring Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. Obviously a different story line, but the elements common to both films seem to be there.

The Edge Synopsis - Plot Summary - Fandango.com

Same hostile environment.....instead of a rogue Grizzly, a pack of rogue wolves...and undoubtedly a caste of disposable secondary characters that bit by gory bit gets decimated by the wolves.

I like Liam Neeson as an actor....I look forward to having a look at the film when it gets released here in Australia.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Total BS.... Wolves, in Alaska, do NOT eat Humans.... except for foolish Newbie School Teachers, who jog alone, after eating a Bacon Breakfast... Makes for a Good Story though.....

Gator 45/70 and Falcon15 like this.
  4. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

It all adds up to more bad press for the Wolves though, which they most certainly do not need....and you just try persuading most folks that Wolves will not hunt and kill them. Even in Canada, where we should know better by now!

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Pity that did not happen down here...
    We would teach people how to catch,clean,and make a gumbo out of wolf meat...
    ccc...

6. gomer

gomer Hooligan

Wonder if one of his closest friends tries to kill him and ends up dying himself. Wouldn't that be an unexpected plot twist.

7. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

I enjoy Liam Neeson as an actor. I would watch the movie just because he is in it.

Jason

8. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

If they're after a bunch of Roughnecks, I pity the wolves! Real roughnecks would make a short movie. Drop them off in the middle of any wilderness and they will blaze a trail to the nearest bar and whorehouse! Come busting in the door wearing wolf skin coats and ready to party!

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Be a short movie in the deep south too - Redneck to his wife, "Honey, I got you that fur coat ya been wantin'! Got one for each of your five sisters too!
    Tell the Reverend to forget the Fried Chicken Dinner this Sunday - we'uns are gonna have a big ol' BBQ!"

[winkthumb]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7