New Oregon Gun Control Bill

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by deMolay, Jan 14, 2019.

1. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Living under this sword, this issue is now very personal to me and my brothers and sisters in the PNW!
    Times are changing for the worst, my greatest fear is not becoming a felon, but when enough states have gone far enough to push for a amendment to the constitution to remove the 2nd completely! At that point, I go from felon to Gorilla!

3. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

That would suck for .22 rimfire shooters. Probably just a wet dream of a communist leaning politician, backed by mindless children and their opiated parents.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Not with out a sense of Irony, this IS the exact method and sponsorship that has brought this upon us!
    AND, those arseholes are from the two richest and most exclusive area of the state, we jokenly call it LakeNoNegro ( Lake Oswego) for it's very obvious affluencecy and lacking of minorities (Unless their sports celebrities!) It's a public lake with ZERO public access, and if caught operating a boat on this lake, you get fined and asked to leave, Mind you, this is PUBLIC, but the residents have free and unlimited access, and the "Public" boat ramp is not open to "Public"

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

So, citizens could buy only a twenty round box of rifle ammo a month. No more fifty round boxes of pistol ammo? No 100, 350 or 550 packs of .22LR?
    These fools are utterly insane!
    And the magazine limit is just plain stupid.

Hopefully, this ridiculous bill dies a deserved death.

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

It's Zombie land, it will pass eventually or get "Negotiated" to what ever they decide to allow for now, then dig it up again later for further infringement! Imagine the suppliers and retailers having to re package ammo, or your 7 or 8 round C&R 1911 mags are now ilegal! And, who is paying the tab to man and enforce this newest permit and processing pork belly? Yup those who it directly effects, John Q Public Felon!

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

More unenforceable crap.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Once a year I would drive to another state to buy ammo, or move and save on gas.

9. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Well from what I understand in Oregon the Democrats have a super majority right now. Both Houses and the Governor are all Democrats. Elections have consequences. The 2nd is being taken away one city, county and State at a time. So from reading the article is has a good chance of passing if the locals do not resist. But why would they now resist as they elected Democrats at every level.

10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That's it in a nutshell. They have the power to do whatever they want without any challenge, so they will reach as far and as fast as they can. The only Oregon Democrat that will be in opposition is Betsy Johnson, and they don't need her to make it happen.

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  11. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

City by city, county by county, state by state the 2nd Amend. is disappearing. What is emerging is Australian or Canadian style gun control. Although in this case Oregon will have stricter gun control than Canada. More like Australia as you will have to turn in your guns if over 5 shots and heavy ammo controls.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If Oregon strong arms this legislation I will relocate to Idaho this summer or next at the latest. It would be gross negligence to allow these people to get my tax money so they can continue down the path to Tyranny.

13. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Great! So, now one can make a fairly decent living smuggling ammo into Oregon! Isn't it great how Oregon Democrats are helping the job sector! LOL!

Personally, I think it is just some idiots running their mouths, talking smack, typical party politics/propaganda. And there certainly is no way this is enforceable.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  14. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Nevada may not be all that far behind!

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Well if you take a map of the USA and do some research, start circling all the cities and counties and states that have brought forth and pushed through gun control measures you might be surprised. Look at all the Red Flag legislation that is now law, look at the strict gun control in many cities, and in this case bear in mind that the Legislature is majority Democrat, the Oregon Senate is Democrat and the Gov. is a Democrat. I really think some form of this will become law. Read the Bill carefully. It is very heavy handed gun control. The implications of which if enacted into law will be much like what you have in Australia and much tougher than in Canada. They want your guns and they are winning little by little.

16. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

It's obvious these idiots have stepped past the boundaries of reality!

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Fortunately many of the Rural Oregon County Sheriffs are on record, as NOT going to enforce those type Statutes... I wonder if this Ban applies to Law Enforcement... I would love for these Boobs to force the LEOs who carry wheel Gens to be limited to 5 Rounds... Now that woud be FUNNY. The The Weeping, Wailing, and Gnashing to Teeth would reach clear to Salem in a HeartBeat....

18. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Which has never stopped them before. This is a war, for our rights. And we are losing.

19. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@deMolay "I really think some form of this will become law. Read the Bill carefully. It is very heavy handed gun control."

I hope you're wrong. It is senseless to make a law that is unenforceable because frankly I wasn't kidding about ammo smuggling. For example, someone lives within a couple of hours of Idaho or any other state that it's legal. The person pops over the border and purchases 2000 rounds of 5.56, it's not tracked in any manner, then you pop back to the state from which you came. The Police have to have cause to stop you so... Want to pay for the cost of your trip just sell half for .50 cents a round...

One would think that Legislators would have learned something from the 'Prohibition Act' which was ridiculous and how they fell into the same trap when they tried to stop drugs use simply by making them illegal. So, this is more than ridiculous, it's insane. What did Einstein say about insanity, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Anyway, I hope it doesn't pass for your sake and all the rest of the people in Oregon...

20. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I have to laugh at the stupidity! 1) this can only effect new gun purchases, and any move to go after existing guns you own tips their hand that they HAVE been maintaining an illegal regrestry! ( BTW, OryGun State popo got caught twice lying about not having an illegal regrestry, AND bloody Kate orderd them to do it official like) so there is that! 2) the Washington border is easely accessible to most valley residents, and no sales tax to Or. Buyers lol
    3) an attpt to set up check points wouldnt go over very well, just look at how well they enforce the No Fireworks Ban! Lol
    4) when the newest member of the Sheriffs association takes office, (former Marion County Sheriff) he will drop the hammer on the illegal crap! Good guy, just sent him a letter today! Making an appointment to see him soon as he is able!

I have the ears of 5 Sheriffs in this area, all seriously opposed to any of this crap, and there will be consequences if this crap gets voted in! All five counties plus at least 3 more are the largest and most serious you will find, and Multico is about to have a internal coup! So under sheriff would take over ( Good Man, known him almost 30 years) so we got some help when the time comes.
    Its fonna be an uphill fight, but a fight none the less that must be won or we go from thr soap box ( failed) to the ballot box, ( about to fail. Again) finally to the cartridge box! Gonna be fun when that fuse gets lit!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7