New Oregon Gun Control Bill

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by deMolay, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well now,I believe there are no longer any true Democrats alive to begin with!
    What is the true cause of this Libtard wave of thinking,
    Drugs and to many and to much intake of them like weed!
    Good job for a laid off TSA agent,Ammo,High cap magazine smuggling!

Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

LOL I got a plane and friends in Wa State, I can start running ammo easy! Air Drop any one, No check points for me!

3. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Did you read the Bill and the penalties? Pretty harsh for a an J6P with no criminal record.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Read the actual Bill it even affects private sales of firearms.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@deMolay Okay, I read the Bill and, yes, if I was you I would be worried. The problem seems like it has the 'perfect storm' for want of a better way to express it. The 'super-majority' in both houses pretty much makes it a done deal unless so much hell is raise by voters that a few of the Democrats get cold feet. The fact that it is supported financially by His Royal Highness Bloomberg doesn't help either. So, in my opinion, you're screwed...even if the Bill is challenged and won in the US Supreme Court that takes time, money and effort... BTW This Bill is much stronger (worse) than Australia IIRC...

6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I've been working LOOOOONG hours of late, but I have seen no mention so far in the local news. I wouldn't be surprised if the local MSM held off until just before it was pushed through (you know the famous Oregon "Emergency" legislation path) so there can't be any opposition. I guarantee it will take that path because it allows a law to go into effect quick enough to prevent citizen referendum and forces the opposition to take the much more difficult Initiative path to get it on next fall's ballot.

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Both KATU and KPDX ran it on the news cycles last night! SO, it's getting out there, but with a biased slant! They did a short interview with Tic Licker down here and the kid behind the counter hit the nails on the head HARD, but knowing the voters, it won't matter how it gets spun!

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

So, all the police, body guards, armored car guards, bank guards, prison guards are only allowed five shots?
    Well they had better take their range times seriously, if they've only got 5 rounds in the mag, they'd better make it count.
    It's going to be a field day for criminals both elected and not.

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Well unfortunately the Supreme Court did rule that it is OK to regulate firearms. So forget the Supreme Court.

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Not so fast!
    A conservative seating can reverse a ruling it feels wrong if the right case is brought to it! All we need is One more Trump pick and we have the court! Come On RBG, Kick off already dammit! Lol

11. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

LOL! Well, I will say this for you Ura-ki, at least your honest about it. LOL! I wish she would just pass the baton and live out her last days in peace but she won't, no chance. I would bet she has had many a closed door talks with high-level Democrats who have begged her to hold on just a few years more. I mean, the woman is 82! It's ridiculous! They really should be made to retire at a given age. They have got waaaaaay too much power as it is already.

But, on a different topic, didn't they try this is some other state and the USSC shot it down? And, I don't remember the Supreme Court saying it was okay to regulate firearms. In fact, I remember the reverse, a few reverses actually last year or so...

3M-TA3, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Heller & McDonald are the SCOTUS precedent that CONTROLS what can be and can NOT Be Regulated as far as the Second Amendment is concerened... So GO READ THOSE DECISIONS....Then you will know what is a legal Regulation, and what is NOT Legal... In Heller, Justice Scalia layed out these FACTS... Again, Monkeys, GO READ THOSE DECISIONS... There are well established Regulations AND STATUTES that DO Comply. and are deemed Constitutional... No Possesion by Felons, Adjudicated Mental Defectives, and Dishonorably Discharged Military, some Illegal Drug Users... No Possesion of Fully Automatic Machineguns that are NOT ON THE CLOSED NFA Register, and have paid for and afixed Tax Stamp... It should also be NOTED that any suggestion that it be unlawful to posses a FireArm in ones Home, and that possession be Locked Up, Unloaded, and Ammunition Stored seperate, is Directly in violation of said Second Amendment...
    How many of us have read where some IDIOT Elected Politico have written legislation to REQUIRE such Home Storage Measures, which if ever passed, and challenged in Federal District Court, would be summarily Struct Down as a violation of Heller & McDonald, and UnConstituional... Apparently most of these type Politicos, are just ILLITERATE, and are UNABLE to read and or Comprehend, what is written in Heller & McDonald...

Bandit99, Dunerunner, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  14. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Sure hope you are right. Now how many years to get to the Supreme's?

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

The Democrats already have Lenin's embalmer under contract.

Seawolf1090, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

That commie bitch can't assume room temp fast enough..

17. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Don't think too hard about it. Those cases was very highly and tightly limited, not a general negation. A broad based decision that directly addresses 2A as broadly applicable and not limited in any particular instance, all we have is nibbles around the edges that are becoming bigger and bigger bites. That sort of case has yet to be brought.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

How much darker must it get before we see the dawn?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The dawn comes when “The Christ” returns.... Nothing will get better before, so do NOT expect it... The best we can do is hold our own...

20. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I'm afraid that this problem may eventually become national in scope, even here in Alabama. Buy guns, ammo, magazines, parts, reloading equipment and supplies, and manuals. Never register ALL of your guns! Hide ALL illegal items for future use! Well stored guns and ammo will last 100 years or more... your great-great-great-grandchildren might shoot those guns.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7