New Ruger SR-22

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->I've been putting off customizing my 10/22's too much, with the hopes that one day Ruger would come out with a new 22lr AR style rifle. That day has finally come! :D

http://www.ruger.com/SR22/index.html

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

hmmm, interesting..

I'll have to look into this one some more.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

For 6 bux and a quarter, I can wait. 10/22s are bad enough. (I want one!!)

4. kckndrgn

That's the MSRP, if you are buying at that price, you are paying too much. The range that I work at will sell them (none available with our dist at this time) for about $450.00. Still, that is more than a 10/22, until you mod the hell out of it.

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

For $450 it is not to bad and would consider it. Time for Beta to design a mag for it, lets say a 300 rounder!!!

6. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I think Colt has an AR 22 out. Less than $650 IIRC.

7. kckndrgn

Yes, they do, the shop I work at sells them for $500 and up, depending on the configuration.

I thought about getting one, but then decided I would be better off with a conversion kit for one of my AR's

8. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Darn straight, right now at Tactical Innovations, you can get a stainless steel Ceiner type conversion device for $125 without the magazines. http://www.tacticalinc.com/sarck-stainless-ar15-rimfire-conversion-p-1206.html I'd get a few Black Dog Machine magazines from another source (cheaper) and be done with it.

I've used my Ceiner conversion kit for years now, with and without a suppressor attached, and had little problem with it's reliability. Sure, it is a .22lr, you will get a few rounds of every type of ammunition that won't work, or even whole brands (Federal bulk packs suck) that won't fire semi-auto.

Good ammunition for any rimfire semiauto is essential to it's function.

9. GeoMonkey

GeoMonkey Monkey++

Yeah,
    If Ruger had put on a "real" magazine instead of reusing the ol' 10/22's I'd buy one.

As it is my old 10/22 with a Tapco stock and red-dot site is WAY cheaper and still shoots/looks Tac-T-kool ~;-)

10. rightofwayman

rightofwayman Monkey+

Accessories for the Ruger Sr 22

[​IMG]
    Hello,

I am new to the forum. I see you have some discussion going on about Ruger Sr 22.
    I want to let you know about our new company, Iron Eagle Tactical L.L.C. We have several accessories just for the SR 22. Check us out at www.ironeagletactical.com. If you have questions our E-Mail address is larry@ironeagletactical.com.

Thanks for letting us join you forum.

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

12. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Question -- has anyone tried the SR-22 yet? I'm curious about the trigger; did they add a "match" trigger, or is it the standard 7 or 8 lb pull?

I'm looking to upgrade the trigger on my 10/22, which I've got to say is pretty bad. Here's the upgrade I'm looking at (I don't know the merchant or the mfr). Suggestions are highly sought after :^) :
    Rimfire Sports & Custom: Volquartsen Ruger 10/22 High Performance Kit

13. rightofwayman

rightofwayman Monkey+

Triger pull on SR 22

On my rifle it is 5 pounds. Check out the March issue of Gun World. It has a story on the SR 22 and it will answer about every question you have on the SR 22.

14. retrieverhunter

retrieverhunter Monkey+

I have a Tactical Solutions AR-22 upper on a Rock River national match lower, and it is definitely fun to shoot. I am not exactly sure how practical it is though.

[​IMG]

15. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

This is JMHO....

I really don't like my Fudd guns and tactical guns interbreeding. I would never use a .22 in a defense situation by choice. Although it would work in a pinch.... I would much rather keep my .22 light and have a defensive gun slung. Turning it into a heavier "tacticool" gun interferes with that. I am sure that there is some training value from a tactical-type .22. Afterall, any shooting is better than no shooting. It is not good, however, for tactical marksmanship. The reason why.... because .22LR has a infinitely different recoil than a hot XM193 5.56 load. The training with the .22LR cannot replicate tactical training with 5.56. Therefore, I much prefer to keep my .22s Fudd like in appearance and light for hunting. They can also be used in that configuration for basic marksman**** training.

I am not against a folding stock, like the well made Butler Creek stocks or otherwise, to reduce the overall size. They have a functional purpose. I am not terribly against larger magazines as long as the don't interfere with handling.

16. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

+1
    I'd much rather run into hikers on the trail or or bicyclers with my mdl 17 in a flap hip holster or a slung stock 10/22 Than a tactcal sling/ dressed up , "evil, black rifle" to set their cellphones into action. and I find the local sheriffs parked next to my truck at the trailhead when I emerge...

Its legal so To each his own..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7