1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

New Song Dedicated to Help an Old Friend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I just released a new song on iTunes and Reverbnation called Five Miles to Fifty-six. Fifty-six is a small community near Blanchard Springs, Arkansas where a friend on mine has hosted a music festival every September for the past 29 years. I have added the option to download the .wav on iTunes and the mp3 on Reverbnation for a whopping $1.29. I do usually charge money to download my songs, preferring to share them with anyone that will listen. This song is classified as americana rather than the progressive rock or country that I usually write. I played all the instruments so no-one else gets any mention. I am dedicating this song to one of my oldest and dearest friends, George Kunkle. George co-wrote the Neil Diamond hit, Sweet Caroline. He is retired and living near Mamoth Springs, Mo.. George has been battling lung cancer and thought he had it beat but they just discovered another walnut sized tumor on the upper lobe of one of his lungs, He is again undergoing chemo and the expense of driving each day to the treatment facility is difficult on their fixed income. I have sent what I can afford to help them out with the travel expenses and I am donating the proceeds from this song to them to help. Listen as much as you want, it doesn't cost anything to stream and if you like the song, buy a download and help a friend. God Bless.
    Five Miles to Fifty-six by Mississippi River Crooks | ReverbNation
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  2. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Hey, Seacowboys I could not get the link to work. Thank you for the story and I will pray for your friend, George Kunkle.
    Motomom34 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary