New spot for adding/downloading files

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by melbo, Jul 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Are archives allowed? Zip, Rar?

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I don't know dude. One of the admins will know. I thought it was for e-books primarily.

3. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Yes, but zipped ebooks...Like..100 articles, all short...300kb....I'm not going to upload them one by one!!!

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

We will have to delete any uploads that are copyrighted unless the copyright holder has allowed free access. Admins and mods are unlikely to suffer much by a member's upload since it would be the member's doing. That said, if the site KNOWINGLY hosts an illegal (copyrighted or otherwise controlled) document, it's a different story. I don't know where that would lead, but rest assured anonymity won't count. I don't know how exposed the site owner would be, either.

So far as uploading rar and zip files go, I don't know. Give it a try, then we'll all know.

5. bbd3

bbd3 Monkey+

Wow

Cant wait to get home to my broadband connection and burn up some time and DVDrs lol

6. Wildboy

Wildboy Monkey+

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.
    Saves a lot of time looking for the original attachments made in older postings.

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I may make an attempt at consolidating all those old posts into the downloads section but I have a few too many irons in the fire at the moment.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7