New survival enthusiast, So many questions...

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by TriColorPansy, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

ok, bottom line, kick them where it hurts... end of confusion

Minuteman likes this.
  2. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

given that your Survival Monkeys own version of Dewayne Rock Johnson..ill agree with you..lol

Mike likes this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Having taken Judo then karate, I can say they both have merit. When I was jumped (on camera, mind) in a corner store, it was a Judo wrist lock I used to stand him up on his toes, while we had a little chat about manners. When I released him, it was a hip throw, that put him down hard. I only meant to set him down for a chokehold, but there was just a bit more muscle in it than I intended. (he flew about 15 feet, and crashed upside down by the front counter. Then he got choked down, while his two buddies just watched.)
    I informed them to get him gone, or his head was coming off......they took the hint, and dragged him out, and gone.
    Karate is faster, but Judo leaves them breathing. (I'm a hunter, so I happen to like orange, but hate jumpsuits.)

Two days later, the store clerk (who also stood back and watched, though I knew he had a bat, and a shotgun under that counter) wanted to go over the film fotage recovered from the camera's recording deck. (apparently, he didn't know gangbangers could fly, and wanted to know how it was done.)

I use Judo more often, than Karate, just because I don't enjoy doing that kind of damage to people. I was raised to walk away from a fight, if possible, but if forced, win. Karate, is used if a weapon is involved, then I don't feel so bad about breaking things.

I have also found, i am much harder to anger, in a face to face confrontation, than I was growing up. I think it is because I know what kind of damage I can cause, and because I can.....I don't have to.

Mike likes this.
  4. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

yup mike

Mike likes this.
  5. Snake_Doctor

The ssame locks and throws are in many forms of karate. I'd rather put them down with soft tissue injuries. It makes more of an impression. IMHO

Mike likes this.
  6. Mike

Absolutely right. And knowing what you know, you DON'T have to resort to damage, unless it's called for.

7. Snake_Doctor

The ROCK!!!!! You mean my man crush? LMAO. Just kidding, I'm currently convincing my friend with benefits that I'm going gay for the Rock. Part of my weird sense of humor.

STANGF150 and Mike like this.
  8. kellory

correct Mike. Snake, the same throw with the arm held tight, does quite a bit of damage to the ellbow of that same arm. it also prevents a recovery roll. This means a very hard pavement strike, as well.

Mike likes this.
  9. Mike

You know, I can understand two guys living together. Bills get paid, they both like the same tv channels, etc. I just can't get over the sex thing. Not putting anything in my ...

STANGF150 likes this.
  10. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

lmao...andddddddd there it is...the train has derailed lol

Mike likes this.
  11. Mike

Oops.. damn, sorry :p

12. kellory

crashed and burned.;)

13. Mike

I have that effect, at times..... :(

14. Snake_Doctor

Lol it's a joke guys. Though the first gf I pulled that joke on set up a threeway with her best friend. LOL Trust me I am not gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Mike likes this.
  15. ReconMike78

ReconMike78 Monkey

i had a friend with benefits once...unfortunately we met an abrupt end due to her unwillingness to go camping...so like with all things sacrifices had to be made

Mike likes this.
  16. kellory

[peep][sarca]ok, now the train has left the tracks, crashed and burned, destroyed a couple of buildings, and crashed through a vacant school building......LOL just waiting for the hollywood explosions....

Mike likes this.
  17. Mike

I know, Snake, mine was a joke as well, but still.... that sex part totally escapes me. I don't even want to ponder how that all works

18. Snake_Doctor

absolutely. A man has to draw the line somewhere...

Mike likes this.
  19. Mike

Boom! Crash! Wham!!! Crunch!!!!//// ok, Hollywood is satisfied

20. Snake_Doctor

absolutely. A man has to draw the line somewhere...
    lol kellory

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7