New Toys

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I finally got notified that my new DSA FN FAL receiver has been shipped so I should complete the build next week, if the creek don't rise. Also have a 1928M1A 80% reciever (Philidelphia Ordanance) for a non-firing replica that I am building on a kit I got from Sportsmans Guide. These kits are cherry, having sat in an armory in Russia since 1944 and never fired. It's a complete shame they were cut in half.
    Melbo called last night to let me know that the Novak sights are complete on two of my custom 1911s. Both 1911s have Barstow Stainless match barrels and bushings, Chip McCormick hammers, sears, triggers, extended mag releases, match barrel pins, Pachmyer wrap-arounds and mainspring housings, ambidexterious safeties, and extended beavertail grip safeties. Now they got Novak style tritium sights
    Next week should be a fun week for Seacowboys. Relatives go home after Christmas and I get to build guns and shoot them. YES![LMAO]

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That is a good Christmas.

Did you ever make it over to Shooter's Supply in Buttmont as the natives like to call it? I think I am going to make a trip over there sometime around the end of Feb. /1st of March to pick up a few goodies. AR, maybe an extra 1911, etc., whatever they seem to have a good deal on.

3. Seacowboys

Went over on a Sunday and they were closed. I'll try them again when I go back to Sabine in January.

4. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cool deal on the DSA receiver and too bad on the Thompson...I would love to have a real one and let it chatter away:D

5. Seacowboys

This is an STG58
    stg58_2.

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Awaiting pics of the builds, congrats on the Christmas presents. I with Mags on the Thompson would be sweet to have one. [pop]

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[applaud]says fn fal to me...(STG= "stormgewehr"? austrian side of the family ?)... A sweetie anyway, no matter who she's related too...

8. Factfind

Factfind Old Hand

Santa came through

I had to fund this, but the fat guy in the red suit delivered!

Mr. Wilson and company do great work.
    WCQBC-A-A.

9. E.L.

Nice, very nice. Do you have a range report on the Wilson yet for us? If so how did it shoot?

10. Factfind

Factfind Old Hand

Wilson CQB Range Report

Okay, Just returned from the range, and Mr. Wilson's handgun in .45 gets a big round of applause. I tested the pistol at a newly renovated indoor range, for accuracy. A range of ammunition was used, including range reloads. This was a new pistol and, except for quality-control testing by Wilson had not been fired before. So I expected a few bobbles and smokestacks as the pistol wore in. There were none.

The pistol was subjected to 250 rounds of fire with factory ammunition Black Hills 175-grain jacketed round-nose. I disassembled both the magazine and the Wilson pistol, and checked the feed ramp. It was polished and set at the proper angle. I lubricated the pistol and reassembled it, then fired 25 more rounds without a single hesitation. I believe that this pistol's heavy slide needs full- power ammunition.

I next fired an additional 25 rounds through the pistol using a variety of ammunition, including Federal, Winchester and Remington, as well as Black Hills. The pistol was also fed an additional 10 rounds of range loads.

All shots fell in a group approximately .5" to the left of the point-of-aim. This may well be due to flinch or improper hold on the part of an out of practice shooter. Consistent placement in the same spot tells me I am correct on this. With all types of ammunition, the little CQB was easily controllable due to its excellent ergonomics. Muzzle rise was easily manageable and the felt recoil was much less than I expected .
    I,ll post some targets when I get a chance.

I'll trust my life to this weapon.

11. E.L.

Good report. I am glad to hear that you are happy with it. I know that Wilson makes fine quality products.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7