New (Used) Farm Ride

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kamp Krap, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

I have avoided getting UTV for well forever. Just use the BX or a old garden tractor with no mower deck to run around on. And well I don't like the $18,000-$30,000 price tags on the new ones. So I have had my salesperson at the Dealership I use keeping a eye out for a good used trade in for a couple of years. So the other day I was in the dealership working out the details of what was going to get fixed and not get fixed on my old Oliver 1755 and arranging for the delivery of a new medium duty box blade I had bought a few weeks earlier. And she (Sales) Comes marching up with a BIG SMILE and says I HAVE DEAL FOR YOU! LOL Service Manager says well hell....... Jessica comes out smiling and Mike's check book falls out...... Me Noooooooo I have to convince him its going to catch on fire and explode before the check book comes out! LOL Long running humor there. So she has not one but 2 trade ins that came in that morning and a special price for me. A Pretty much new one with 310 hours on it for $10,000 or A older one with 5500 hours on it with a new engine and tranny with 150 hours on them for $4000. I initially bought the $10,000 one but on the way home changed my mind and called and changed to the $4,000 because I am a total cheap ass and well all things considered the $4000 one is the better deal overall. So went back the next day and swapped checks after they were delivered. Only thing I really had to spend some extra money on was a new set of back tires and rims. Rims because it doesn't cost much more to get a new rim and tire than it does to buy just the tire. And well even though the ones on it are racing slicks they will be ok for spare tires.

DSC04319.JPG
    Very first thing I did after backing it off the trailer was take those damned doors off! LOL I am a big guy and cracking my elbow on the door was going to get REAL OLD real fast!
    DSC04320.JPG

I needed a good medium duty box blade and this one was $1800 and is half the weight of the heavy duty box blade.
    DSC04321.JPG

I have a a lot of uses for the Heavy duty blade..... and can drive it through the pond and pull mud but have to be really careful as it is already heavy empty and it holds a lot of mud. I am just begging to get the tractor buried to the frame. LOL the medium duty looks like a little toy beside the heavy duty but holds about 1/3 of the mud and weighs less than half of the heavy duty. I would have to almost try to get stuck in the pond pulling the medium duty through pulling mud. The heavy duty is the better tool for moving a lot of dirt or spreading a lot of rock and works great on dryer stuff with either the M5660 57hp or the 110hp Oliver.
    DSC04322.JPG

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Those little Kubotas are seriously fun and handy to have around, my neighbor has a pair of them and he uses them constantly! My needs don't work here, the ground is too soft and mushy, I would sink to the axles, so I had to go a different route! Still, would love to have one of those for round the yard chores, would be a lot faster and easier to get around!

SB21 and Kamp Krap like this.
  3. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

Not doing much for health and exercise but has very quickly proven to be real handy for making the morning chore circuit and the afternoon fence walk has turned into a ride. I thought I would have problems with the soft ground but so far it has blazed right through the wettest spots.

SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

They are better than any bike made one , And I abuse it but give it TLC .
    Add winches , huge lighting and a power output of ac all over as I have a few . Sloth

SB21 likes this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Kamp Krap Strange as I have felt the same about UTVs myself, way too overpriced, can't justify the cost since I have a tractor, etc.... This last snow fall I was trying to plow using my tractor and a new slick blade (got 3rd function left/right controls) but with the warmer weather (ground not frozen) the damn ground was simply too soft for the blade, as no matter what I did I had to feather the blade to ensure the shoes wouldn't tear up the turn around and even the driveway (driveway is harder ground so doesn't get torn so bad). Then my buddy comes over with his UTV he just bought for $4500 (used) and plows the whole thing in 30 minutes without tearing the ground up because the plow blade is light. Pissed me off! I had spent damn near as much on the plow blade for the tractor ($4100) as he did for his UTV and yet his was getting the job done and faster and better! UTVs in North Idaho are in high demand, as such, very pricey even for used ones.

So, I called the tractor store, asked him how much a new Kubota UTV was, damn near fell out of my chair when he told me, then told him to keep me in mind if any trade-in's come in. He then told me that a guy who he sold a 2019 Kubota XG 850 with everything, and I do mean everything (winch, plow, stereo, winter doors, full glass front and back, heater/AC, etc.) currently had his there for some scheduled maintenance and he wanted to sale as need money for a new financial venture. And, it had less than 600 miles on it...

In short, the guy spent $25,000 in 2019 for the unit and currently they sell for $27,000. I didn't need anything this expensive but this was like getting a new machine for a hell'va lot cheaper so...I gave him $18K cash and closed the deal before someone could buy it out from under me. Yeah, he wanted more, and I told him I understood, and he definitely could have got it, but I had cash now which he needed so...

The only problem is I had knee surgery 5 March and haven't even been able to drive the damn thing! I never meant to spend this much but... The wife loves it and used it to bring in firewood. Now, what to do with that tractor plow blade, thinking I might sell it if this UTV works out as well as I think it will.

SB21, Ura-Ki and Kamp Krap like this.
  6. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

Had a utv years ago, sure are handy but a 4 wheeler fit my needs better. Last year bought a off the showroom floor 2022 cforce overland 1000. Sure has made the hunting alot easier. Its chinese made but have had a few in the past and they are well built. BOSCH efi, cvtech clutches, brushless power steering, lots of extras and cheaper than a big name jap bike.

20231031_103221.

20231217_101456.

SB21 and Kamp Krap like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7