New Website!

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I was already at the Show, cleaning them out before all the "little people" get to go in. :D

Got some giraffe bone, more handle material, titaniun sheet and hmm what else. Oh yea, a Strider SNG that's sterile - no markings and they're supposed to be rare. Some are trying to tell me it's a fake but ha! they just want it. So what if the pouch it came in says "Striderooki". b:: Naw, it's real and a sweet knife - getting stuff like that was the reason I paid to get in early! Will be meeting TLynn tomorrow!

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Take some pictures for us of the show if you can Valkman.

3. Valkman

No pics (from the show), but some interesting things happened. I took the sterile SNG to the Strider booth and asked Josh about it. He said those were never meant to be had by the general public and that they would trade to get it back. That was fine by me so I got a Ranger Green SNG, leather sheath and Strider t-shirt for it. I could never have used the sterile one and would rather have a user anyway.

I found TLynn at the USN table and finally got to meet her and bunch of USN folks. It was neat - and right next door was sword-maker Michael Pierce, who gave me my first website.

I also talked to Christine Simonich and bought a Salish from her. She's a neat lady and gave me a great deal as I was running low on funds. :eek:

I also got a real neat coin a knifemaker named Jim Smyth made from Titanium. Cool!

Coin:

[​IMG]

Simonich:

[​IMG]

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That story on the sterile Strider is interesting. It makes you wonder how they got loose.

5. Valkman

I would guess they were given/sold to a very special group of people (which would probably be military) and down the road some of these got sold and put in the market.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Shot is in Orlando next yr right?

7. Valkman

Yep, the next 2 years I think. But Blade is in Atlanta in June and I'm going to start saving for that trip!

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well dont forget that other little trip in June. [beer]

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Don's site is down?

10. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

11. Valkman

Thanks Bear! It was down when I was very ill last year - it ran out and GoDaddy yanked it. But it's back up and bigger than ever!

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Welcome home, Valk. [welcomeLG] You've been missed.

13. Valkman

It's good to see some old friends!

14. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome back Don, it's been too long. [beer]

15. phishi

phishi Psy-Ops Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Saw this thread was active again, figured some new member had brought it back to the surface. Glad it was you Valkman! Good looking sight, and great to have you back aboard.

Hope this finds you healthy and happy,
    phishi

16. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Welcome back Valkman good too see you again, missed you around here.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7