New week, finally

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kckndrgn, Apr 15, 2007.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well, It's going to be a new week soon, and none too soon for me and my family. Last week, was the week from hell!! Well, only 2 days were really bad the rest of them were the road to recovery.

Let me recap, Monday night the wife called me at my PT job to say that she was "hurtin'", but did not say where. She called me again about a 1/2 hour later to say it was worse. When I got home she was doubled over on the bed, in pain and sweating. After convincing her we needed to go to the ER, we started heading to the van (after confirming her parents were almost to our house to watch our daughter). At that point she collapsed and passed out. I called 911 to have an ambulance come and take her to the hospital.

After a "short" stay in the ER she was transfered to the womens hospital for an emergency surgery. My wife had a tubal pregnancy (no, we did not know she was pregnant due to the type of birth control she had), that had ruptured her right tube. Surgery took about an hour and was a "success". She had the complete removal of her right tube and removed about a pint and a half of blood from her abdomen.

The surgery was Tuesday morning at 5am, we left the hospital at 4:30 Thursday afternoon.

My wife is doing better, finally able to go from sitting to standing and standing to sitting by herself. It will be a long road to recovery, but the worst is behind us. We are praying for a speedy recovery.

So after last week, this week has to be better, right?

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I hate to hear that, but I am glad that you made it to the hospital and the surgery was a success. Your family will be in our prayers for a quick and speedy recovery.

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Best wishes for a healthy and speedy recovery for your Mrs.

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

kckndrgn, I'm so sorry to hear you both had to go through this. You can certainly be thankful for the successful surgery. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7