New Years eve

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wrc223, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

This year's entertainment is a bit off from past events, or so it seems to me. *shrugz*<shrugz></shrugz>

tulianr likes this.
  2. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Happy New Year, all. Don't forget to eat your pork, black-eye peas, and cabbage. Health, wealth and luck.

Kajun

Cephus likes this.
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Got home from grocery shopping at dusk, and the revelers were going at it full blast - literally! The fireworks that go "BANG!" are illegal in sunny Florida, but they are sold on tables all over, and the hood rats and bubbas were popping them off, as wel as the rockets - also illegal. Looked like the mini Tet Offensive at one point. No deputies showed - as long as the partiers aren't killing each other or catching houses on fire, the lawdogs stay away.

This morning..... blessed silence, the fog has the trees weeping for the year just passed.

Happy New Year to all in the Monkey Tree! (y)

4. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

One of the reasons I moved to the country when I retired! I once had someone put a firecracker through my letter slot, scared the whatever out of me. And when I was about 12, I had my hair set on fire by a firecracker.....not a nice experience and never to be forgotten!

Oh yes, I had a boring New Year but wow, was it ever quiet and peaceful, lol. Not a firecracker within fifty miles.

Hope the New Year will be prosperous and happy for all the Monkeys and their families. And come what may, that we will SURVIVE.....

5. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Friend of mine brought over Traeger smoked prime rib last night (he got the grill for xmas) and I had just a touch too much single malt while we played pool...

I'm a little fuzzy this morn, but we have golf at 1:00 so it is Bloody Mary time for me...

Forecast is for low 50s and partly cloudy.

(y)

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We woke up to an winter Wx Warning for 8-15" in the next 18 hours, and then turning to rain.... with 14" already on the ground, it is snowmobile time till Momma gets the CAT out and packs the trail...... Oh well, that is fun as well.... .....

Cephus likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7