New Years Weekend here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Hiked to the BO cabin for the New Year weekend.
    This is where I can be found during a SHTF type situation.
    Went there with my Wife, Daughter, Brother In-law and his wife and a couple of friends.
    We packed in with Backpacks and stayed for 3 days and had a good time ringing in the New Year.

2. Quigley_Sharps

The trip in, The only route in is through the bottom of this canyon for a few miles from the nearest dead end Dirt Road.
    newyears07cabinhike 068. newyears07cabinhike 004. newyears07cabinhike 008. newyears07cabinhike 060. newyears07cabinhike 059. newyears07cabinhike 058.

3. Quigley_Sharps

Then we are there at the cabin and this is a few pics of the area around the cabin.
    In All of these pictures I could throw a rock and almost hit where I'm standing from the yard
    newyears07cabinhike 014. newyears07cabinhike 016. newyears07cabinhike 017. newyears07cabinhike 018. newyears07cabinhike 019.

4. Quigley_Sharps

Ok here is the entrance to the cabin.
    And Pic's around it.
    newyears07cabinhike 020. newyears07cabinhike 021. newyears07cabinhike 050.

5. Quigley_Sharps

My Wife Amy and I loaded up and went for a hike up the canyon rims looking for Elk and other game.
    We found some, there is Game in all of these pics can you spot them?
    Except the pic of me hikeing out to the canyon rim.
    newyears07cabinhike 054. newyears07cabinhike 024. newyears07cabinhike 025. newyears07cabinhike 026. newyears07cabinhike 029. newyears07cabinhike 031. newyears07cabinhike 032. newyears07cabinhike 034. newyears07cabinhike 035.

6. Quigley_Sharps

Ok the view behind our climb up,
    looking at Amy thats East up river from the Cabin and the other is West with the setting sun.
    And a East View looking down at the River is where we started our hike up from.
    Oh yea the fishing is good too.[booze]
    newyears07cabinhike 036. newyears07cabinhike 038. newyears07cabinhike 039. newyears07cabinhike 012. newyears07cabinhike 013.

7. Quigley_Sharps

Ok I dont know who this guys is :lol:
    But He had fun!
    newyears07cabinhike 063. newyears07cabinhike 041.

8. Quigley_Sharps

And we are back down and at the Cabin and the generator is running !
    newyears07cabinhike 042.

9. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Great pics Quigs....Glad you shared them with us:D

10. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[bow] Thanks for the pics. That is beautiful country, and it looks like the perfect bug out. Bug out my ass, that looks like the perfect place to live let alone bug out. Deer, elk, fish, mountains, clear water, and lots of snow. Nice.

I did notice the AR instead of the .308 hmmmm. Say no more, I know it is nice and light and perfect for backpacking.

It looks like you had the perfect New Year's. [flag]

11. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Very nice pics. Makes me want to move out of this God forsaken city and move into the country!!

Ryan

12. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

WTF am I doing living in the burbs!

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Same thing I am. Waiting out motivation to get to where the country is nice, the people few (and nice, too) and the time to hunt up such a place. Quigs, I can deal with that area. Look for me next spring or summer.

14. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Quigs better watch out about posting too many more Oregon photos or his solitary cabin area is going to overrun by his SM pals.

15. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

True enough. There will be monkeys everywhere. Haha. Nice country. I hope one day to have such a nice place as that. I know I'll have to deal with the cold though it would be well worth it. Thanks for the pics.

16. Quigley_Sharps

Thanks Everyone and Ghirt I will be looking forward to that day.
    EL we were looking for Coyotes and 308 tears them bad.
    I have packed 308 and 223's for miles and miles its all fun.
    You all should move out of the City before you have too!

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

HMMmm Oregon, I was betting colo..beautiful... think i'd find a way to live there full time...thanks for the nice pics.

18. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Colorado is nice country as well though I bet there are too many tourists there now. Quig's place is nicely situated. Don't see many MZBs trying to go through snow and ice to get there. Might, though I don't think the average will last long enough. Strategic positioning. That's key. And nothing says stay out quite like a lot of snow. Haha.

19. Quigley_Sharps

There is ballistic advantage in the hills in narrow canyons.

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yeah, so long as you command the heights. There is an advantage in compensating for drop both up and down hill.[pop]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7