New York guns laws on "fast track"

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, Jan 14, 2013.

1. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Here's one I made the other day.
    an infographic.

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

And so it begins . . . . the era of "rat on your neighbor" has begun.

OPSEC rules @UGRev

LeRay Man Faces Weapons Possessions Charges | WWNY TV 7 - News, Weather and Sports for | Local News

LeRay Man Faces Weapons Possessions Charges

Story Published: Jan 7, 2013 at 6:15 AM EST
    Story Updated: Jan 7, 2013 at 6:50 AM EST
    A town of LeRay man was accused Sunday of possessing high-capacity magazines for an assault rifle.
    Jefferson County Sheriff's deputies say 32 year old Nathan Haddad allegedly had five 30-round magazines for an AR-15 rifle in his possession.
    Police say the magazines were found during a vehicle check on Steinhilber Road in the town of LeRay.
    Haddad was charged with five counts of third degree criminal possession of a weapon and arraigned in Watertown town court.

3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

The dude bought pre-bans and the cops jumped the gun on the law. Douche bags..

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The New York State Statute isn't supposed to go into effect until March, sometime... This is so the Legislature can fix a few issues like exempting Law Enfocement, which they forgot to do, the first time around. Also previously owned Mags & Weapons were supposed to be Grandfathered, if the got Registered, under the NEW Statute. Looks like somebody jumped the Gun, here...

UGRev likes this.
  5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

They did indeed.

6. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

Can the police really be that stupid? Enforcing a law months before it goes into effect? Don't they get a MEMO from the DA about new laws to start enforcing? I hope the victim can sue them for contagious mental retardation.

BTPost likes this.
  7. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

More disturbing is how eager the cop was to enforce it. Notice no mention of him being suspected/detained/arrested for anything else. Remind me again how the LEO won't enforce unconstitutional laws?

8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Exactly what I was thinking. I see posts about LE and the military not enforcing unconstitutional laws if they are passed, what a F'in joke, get a clue. How many laws can you think of that LEO's enforce already that are not constitutional???

ditch witch likes this.
  9. BTPost

Well this fellow can hire himself a REAL SHEISTER Lawyer, and sue that pants, shirt, and BADGES off these Officers of the Law, in State Court, and the go for triple damages in Federal Court for Civil Rights Violations. Should net him a cool couple of million, for his Trouble....

10. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

11. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

12. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

I hope a bunch of NY politicians get voted out next time.May not do any good,but I can dream..

13. BTPost

NY Gun Owners should sue in Federal District Court, for violation of the standards in Heller & McDonald, and ask for a Restraining Order, against the State, until the suit is finally Litigated.... They, each of them, need to let their elected Senator, who voted for this Statute, know that THEY are willing to spend their LAST DIME, to see him/her ReCALLED, ASAP, or replaced at the next Election Cycle. Make them fear for their JOBS, and let them KNOW just how UNHAPPY they are. Public Pressure like this can snowball, in the Internet World, and be very convincing to a local Legislator....

14. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7