New Zealanders Surrender… 700 Guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Very few agencies will use a metal detector now. It’s mostly ground penetrating radar....

Gafarmboy, Tully Mars, Meat and 3 others like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

When it gets to that point it won't matter if you have guns or not. They will bring guns, drugs, fake money, etc., with them in the event they don't find what they came for.

Gafarmboy, Tully Mars, Meat and 6 others like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Exactly!

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

A bit O/T, but --
    Almost any petroleum product will work, even paraffin where cooling isn't critical, say like very short running times. Kero is the old time and remains a fave for AL machine work. The idea is exactly like drilling holes in any other metal, it's not a lube exactly, it's more to flush the flutes from plugging up with swarfy stuffy stuff, and for keeping the tool cool.

There are some other proprietary (that's another word for expensive) fluids for machining lighter metals, say like magnesium (as well as aluminum.) All of them should have VERY high flash points and ignition temps.

Tully Mars, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Kerosene,a little dab on a stray dog or cats anus...and its bye-bye time

Meat likes this.
  6. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

The firearm is the lower.. Strip it for the parts and save them to put the into that 80%, that has not been milled yet..
    Turn the stripped serial numbered lower in.. Better yet, have video of you melting it down in a home built foundry and pouring the remains into ingots..

Meat and 3M-TA3 like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Just FYI: If the day ever comes when the "government" declares your weapons to be illegal and imposes fines and penalties if you do not turn them in, you really only have one choice. If you, along with every other gun owner doesn't immediately show up at the town hall with them fully loaded and hold the traitors accountable for attempting to disarm the people, then you might as well just give up on living. The one thing people never seem to understand is that we truly are indivisible, we really are the true power in this (or any) country, if we are willing to ACT.
    You want my guns? I have a whole lot of ammunition I have to burn through, first.

8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[applaud]

Meat likes this.
  9. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I came to that conclusion long ago... thing is there are so many that think they can hide or it wont happen to them...

or let someone else do it...

the people trying to take em have been very subtle in their methods most of the time...

they've been indoctrinating our young folks in our public schools all along to fear and hate firearms and those that have them...

I can remember when New Jersey got everyone to register their firearms... said it would never be used to confiscate...

then years later... they start takin firearms away from folks... so...

Cruisin Sloth and Meat like this.
  10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Most of us know that "leaky boats" is just a joking way of saying we have something hidden away for a rainy day. I've never forgotten that the Lexington scuffle kicked off what was the march to becoming a free and independent republic. Only 3% actively fought on the lines. Were we to have to do it again even 3% is over 9 million patriots with arms. I'm now past the age and health to stand at the fore in battle. My rainy day powder and ball will now go to those men and women who can march from the green. 'Tho I may keep a small amount for myself as you just never know when a well glassed tool may be handy to use from a front porch.....hill.....rooftop....or that particularly well placed tree. My children, grandchildren, and great grands may not live free but it won't be because I had nothing more than a sharpened stick or that I didn't have the skill or was afraid to use it.

Tully Mars, Meat and OldDude49 like this.
  11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I've never been a fan of Winston Churchill, but he made a few great speeches in his time. One thought that continues to surface is his speech "The Pistol That Can Defeat an Army".
    The Pistol That Can Defeat An Army

12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Winston Churchill was the greatest leader and speaker of the 20th Century, he beats-out TR, FDR and RR. Churchill almost makes me wish that we had lost the Revolution, or that my family had been Loyalist.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Full marks to Winnie, at least he was not going to be another appeaser. Whether or not he could have lead what is now the US had the revolution failed, well, I'm not ready to go there given our built in resistance to remote governance by kings and queens that have no idea what us locals would or might do. Damn fine orator, for certain, and a motivator par excellence as well.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Samuel Whittemore, was a 78 year-old grizzled veteran of the French and Indian Wars (both of them) when the British column marched pass his home on April19, 1775, on their way to Lexington. He armed himself with a musket and two pistols and waited for their return. When they did he opened fire, killing three Redcoats, as he was reloading British troops shot, bayoneted and beat the old man. They thought he was dead, but he wasn't. A local doctor said to make him comfortable and wait for him to die, but he didn't. Against all odds, Samuel Whittemore recovered. He didn't die until 17 years later, in1792 at the age of ninety-five.

duane, Tully Mars, Alf60 and 4 others like this.
  1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. Dont
  4. BTPost
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Waydah
  7. oldman11
  8. Ura-Ki
  9. OldDude49
  10. OldDude49
  11. Bandit99
  12. Motomom34