Newbie from La.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RicHuds, Oct 9, 2008.

1. RicHuds

RicHuds Monkey++

Hello to all.Have been eavesdropping for a while,decided to join after lastest headlines.Lots of useful info and links.Raised in rural hurricane area and have found most survival ideas to be close to how we were raised(self dependent).I do NOT support the way some New Orleans area residents want government handouts(our tax dollars) after storms.There is WAY more to La than N.O.Sorry to get side tracked,it just ticks me off.On the lighter side, really enjoyed humor and joke section(pet note for frig).Take care and hope to stay around for awhile.R

2. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Monkey++

so where you zacly from dere fellow coonass?i'm in the schriever area. we took a real beating with guatav.i'm about 15 miles as the crow flys from the gulf. so when a storm comes there ain't much to stop it. i to get all my survival technics from huricanes over the years they have taught me alot. they seem to get worst every year and the power seems to stay out longer and longer.food seems to get aharder to find after every storm too. so i stock up before infact i'm already stocked up for next year. oh i almost forgot welcome to the forum.[ROFL]

3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am just down the pond at Mobile and spend a lot of time over in La. Work in the salvage business and commercial diving so always got something going on round there. Welcome aboard.

4. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to the Board!

Not in LA, but on the Gulf.....Hurricane's are something I'm always prepping for .....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7