1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Newest EDC Light

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Picked up an Eagletac D25Cvn titanium flashlight for EDC. Blazing on high and turbo and the 1 lumen low will run 150+ hours. Good stuff. Intense hot spot and bright spill.

The 1 lumen low on this light is way more intense than the 7 lumen Fenix E05SS.

And the turbo... The tree is 200-300 feet away. The area was pitch black. I think I lowered my aim when I snapped the picture with my phone. The grass looked like day time.

Jeff Brackett likes this.
  2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Quite an extreme in seetings. I like it!
    Been lately running surefires with dual modes: most are 15/320. The EDC is 5/500
    Hanzo likes this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

There are two modes between low and turbo. But I did want something with a very low low with a long run time for EDC.

Will fire up my modded Fenix P35vn soon for piccies. 1450 lumens on turbo! My hiking and camping light. Low is 10 lumens with 140+ hours run time.

I would love to see your EDC.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Some D25Cvn beam shots. In my tai chi studio, distance to wall about 30-40

I noticed that running Kinoko 16340 batteries as recommended by Vinh, there is no discernable difference between high and turbo. There is a modest difference when using primary batteries.

But it's a great light and this shows how useful it can be as an urban EDC.
    Yard Dart likes this.
  1. stg58
  2. Ura-Ki
  3. budgetprepp-n
  4. budgetprepp-n
  5. budgetprepp-n
  6. Motomom34
  7. TailorMadeHell
  8. ZigZag
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Brokor
  11. Brokor