News from Afghanistan, this morning....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Aug 6, 2011.

1. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Keeping their families/friends in my thoughts

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

While I grieve for the loss of good soldiers across the board, there is still something we don't know about that mission. Sending Seals for a straight forward reinforcement of a unit under attack (as the press tells us) would be highly unusual, and Seals just aren't on every FOB to be used as handy infantry. Something else was happening to justify their presence for that launch.

E.L. and Cephus like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Ghrit, ABSOLUTELY, and the old adage "Those who KNow, will not be Talking, and those that are Talking, DO NOT KNOW" applies rigorously, to this whole conversation...... Including the IDIOT in Chief........... YMMV....

Cephus likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Monkey+

They retired me in '09, I miss it. It's all I've known for 28 years.

Don't know what the "IDIOT in Chief" did but my flag was half mast until today @1800hrs.

Sometimes I think I should just fly it half mast every day. I've been combat deployed 3 times since 9-11 and I can tell you we're up against it. This is a generational conflict, on par with, or worse than the 100 years war. The muzzies are terrible warriors one by one, but they have a die for allah stregnth that cannot be overcome, unless you kill them all. (Fine by me, that or get out) Sad, but we will be in this for the forseeable future.

God bless all my brothers and sisters who serve now, served with me, before me, or those who will one day serve.

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7