News reader names the Asiana pilots: Sum Ting Wong,Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk, Bang Ding Ow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Jul 12, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Like Ron Burgundy from anchor man news readers are air heads and will read anything.
    ................................................................................................................................................................
    During the noon newscast Friday, co-anchor Tori Campbell, announced that “KTVU has just learned the names of the four pilots who were on board” Asiana flight 214 when it crashed at San Francisco International Airport on Saturday.
    She then read from a teleprompter while a TV graphic displayed four fake names that clearly were someone’s idea of a joke.
    The first name — “Captain Sum Ting Wong” — should have been a give-away that something really was wrong. But Campbell kept reading… “Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk, Bang Ding Ow.”

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

The best part is, she was completely clueless.

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Dang, but she wasn't blond......

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.:D

oldawg, Hammerhead, tacmotusn and 2 others like this.
  5. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Stay Classy San Francisco

6. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

You just cant make this stuff up.... [shtf] o_O

7. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Would like to see someone mess with Zero like this on his teleprompter.

oldawg and tacmotusn like this.
  8. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

It took me about 5 seconds to realize those names were a gag...flashbacks to Bart Simpson's prank calls to Mo's Tavern...

9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I laughed my butt off. It is wrong on many levels but still funny as hell. I went to the news channels website an they have an apology up. They also state that someone at the ntsb confirmed the names. Now at least one person at ntsb has a sense of humor.

10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I think it is scary, that lady is just reading and not engaging her brain one bit. She is a total robot. But it was funny.

11. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

They must be so proud of their magna cum laude alum at Hamilton college.
    Annual Fees $55,620 (2012–2013)

Mrs. Ron Burgundy apologized so all is good..

Breaking news..................... the Asian community in San Francisco has retained lawyer Wi Soo Yu to pursue a class action suit against KTVU.
    ...............................................................................................................................................................

.............................................................................................................................................................................................
    Tori Campbell is co-anchor of the Emmy award-winning, top-rated "Mornings on Two" newscast that airs from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. weekdays as well as "The KTVU Channel Two News at Noon."

Before joining Channel Two in April of 1996, Campbell was the Contra Costa County reporter and weekend anchor at KGO radio in San Francisco for six years.

She began her California broadcasting career in 1989 as news director and morning anchor at KKIQ Radio in Livermore and Pleasanton.

Campbell grew up in Connecticut and graduated magna cum laude from Hamilton College in upstate New York with a major in French literature.

Campbell and her husband live in the San Ramon Valley along with their two sons.

JABECmfg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7