Nitecore EDC33

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Nitecore EDC33 4000 Lumen Rechargeable EDC Flashlight

What can I say... I like lights, like I like other gear.

Anyway, got this one a couple of months ago. What sold me was the review on the 4,000 lumen luminshield. You can hold the button down and you get a bright combination of flood and spot. The claim is it can repel aggressive dogs. We have some in the area, but I have not had a chance to test it out, thankfully.

I like that it is small and it is bright. The beam is primarily a spot with spill except in luminshield mode. I also like that it is small and rechargeable. Perfect to throw in the pack with a headlamp.

What I don't like is you cannot change the battery, it is internal and rechargeable only. Head gets hot like most very bright lights. Manageable with how I use mine.

What made me write a short review is that it is very bright for the size and form factor. What surprised me is the battery life. A got the light a few months ago and charged it up. It already came charged, but I just gave it the top off. Been using it not quite every day, but 5-10 times a week (sometimes multiple times a day). I played with it at first using every brightness mode and settled on leaving it on high. My property is really dark and I like how bright it is. The light throws extremely well on all brightness modes. And my usage is short, maybe five minutes each time on average. Here's my surprise. After several months, the battery indicator finally went from a full four lights to three. So it finally dipped to 75%. And I do use the search mode and luminshield on occasion. So big plus on the battery life. It is lasting longer than I thought.

My thoughts on it as an EDC and travel light... Awesome for EDC with the compact size, bright beam, long throw, and exceptional battery life. I honestly have not used it while traveling. But it is small enough to include in my travel bag for in case. I would likely take it if I may happen upon a sketchy area at night. May be the first thing to deploy. Or if I jump on a trail while away. I always have my headlamp, but having something that can let you see far is great too.

I think it is worth it for the money. It wasn't that expensive. I don't remember what I paid... maybe $50-60. Been reliable so far. Oh, used it for an extended time in the house on the low and ultralow mode when we had a power outage. Plenty bright enough for inside use.

sec_monkey, Tempstar, Meat and 3 others like this.
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I have the EDC27. Battery life is OK in that one, not the best. I my try the '33.

Hanzo likes this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

4000 lumens! I would be afraid of blinding myself! LOL! :LOL::LOL:

Hanzo and Tempstar like this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Don't look into it.

SB21 likes this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I rarely use my lights on a constant on. Usually no more than several minutes at a time. Have not done a hike in the dark in a looong time. Even camping, the light use is sporadic. Only when moving about or doing something.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7