NM governor: make electricity unaffordable

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by oil pan 4, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Something that has perplexed me for years. In the early part of the twentieth century, the Federal government built nav dams on major rivers in the Midwest. I do not know how many on the Ohio or the Illinois, but there are twenty-six on the Mississippi between St. Paul, Minnesota and East Alton, Ill. I doubt there was an environmental impact study done. All the ecological damage is already done. The cleanest way to generate electricity, after wind is Hydro. Now the same water could be used twenty-six times down the Mississippi, and the flow in the Ohio and the Illinois the same way. These dams were originally set-up as hydro plants. No coal fired generators, no nuclear powered generators, just clean hydro. I spoke to an operator on Lock & Dam 15. He said it was a matter of removing a roller and dropping in a generator. The revenues saved could be used to up-grade the distribution grid and protect the environment. One other point, most of these dams are in proximity to urban areas. Lower cost energy for commerce and industry.

damoc and mysterymet like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Utility grade storage - on the cheap
    Technology: Ambri

just now ramping up production....

3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Maybe Iowa would be all for trying it. JB Putzker in IL would be against it. MN would probably be against it too based on their governor.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oil and gas do come back, but we are using them st least 100× faster than its being produced.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

It is, I worked this field when Pennzoil had it and it's not the only one in the Gulf. Ship Shoal 208/209 does pretty much the same thing sitting on top of a salt dome that the bedrock has pushed up thru, The oil accumulates against the walls of salt.
    The mystery of eugene island 330

mysterymet and damoc like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh the coop is going to up charge me $60 per month for my 10kw of solar because the 4 people on the coop who have solar "aren't paying their fair share".
    I'm strongly considering moving my panels on to heliostatic trackers might get another 40% more kwh out of the panels.

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  8. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

Just ask yourself what the government pay for there power per Kwh,green or not the profit from it with all there taxes.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well the coop dropped the solar up charge thing.
    I figured out why the coop suddenly went anti solar. The NM public regulatory commission wants to sell out to advagrid. An evil energy conglomerate that buys up public utilities, doubles people's power bills then cuts the maintenance budget to save money.
    I mentioned this on my "we will just use natural gas" post also.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

IM as green as TN-Andy , 3 days of gray made squat , and the fireplace is the heat for water and inside temp.. Power is from grid tie till the water wheel hydro gets up.
    Sloth

duane, mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Some of you really surprise me not knowing how a battery works after all these years.
    You have been driving cars what 50 years and still don’t know the mechanics of what you are doing.
    Do you know what a reservoir is?
    It is a bank.
    Water trickles into it at varying degrees and is released on demand what ever the need is required. A battery is no different.
    It takes many miles of driving to replace that energy.
    The house battery takes a charge at a very slow rate while no one is home. When every one comes home all that stored energy is available. Depending on one’s prep, they will either learn to adjust or invest in more battery, and or improve their charge capability.
    My family learned to adjust to match what we had.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

When New Mexico's dumb bitch governor says anything to the public regulatory commission:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Did anyone see the dumb ass governor of California telling folks to raise their thermostats to 78 degrees or more during the late heatwave out West...while wearing a fleece jacket! It was over 100 degrees outside, and he was wearing a frickin' fleece jacket!! Yea, our leaders are real pieces of work!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That aged well.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Here's the plan.

They change local building code so builders can't hook up natural gas and you have to use electric. Then slowly infiltrate the grid with expensive unreliable power sources.

The dumb bitch some how managed to take new Mexico from 45th worst public schools to 50th worst. Waited till this year to do the big teacher pay raise after giving them a year off for the plandemic.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7